xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Create An Iso  (Read 145 times)

GamerBR

• Archived User
Create An Iso
« on: December 13, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (masmack @ Dec 13 2003, 08:50 PM)
Is it safe to create an ISO right from the game in the D drive of the xbox?
This would save a lot of time.

why would it not be safe?You can do it without problems

masmack

• Archived User
Create An Iso
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 10:51:00 AM »

How is this done ?
I tried madden 04 and all I got  was a  dvd with all the the files and  no default.xbe.
I know you have to use  Avalaunch but what else?

the joker

• Archived User
Create An Iso
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 03:53:00 AM »

qwix

Xeero

• Archived User
Create An Iso
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 03:59:00 AM »

For that function, Avalaunch is optional.  I'm not sure how you saw all the files except the default.xbe.  I wonder if you didn't see the DVD-Video session.  Try ejecting the disc and reinserting it if that happens.

xionanx

• Archived User
Create An Iso
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 11:37:00 PM »

When I backed up ETM to my HDD, I was using an older version of Avalaunch that supported "long" filenames.  I was able to play the game from beginning to end using Ghost with no problems.  Didn't play with the other character though, whatever her name was, lost interest.  Anyway, idiots, in their infinite wisdom complianed about the long filename support and hounded the Avalaunch team to get rid of it.  So, as far as I know, it is no longer there.  I could be wrong.

It's the long filenames that cause problems backing up ETM to HDD.  If you have a DVD burner, and want to make a perfect copy of the game using a DVD disc, then I suggest you use Alcohol 120%.  I was able to make a perfect working copy of SW:KotOR using the original disc and Alcohol.

Since I have not tried backing up ETM recently, that all the info I can help you with.