xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Adding Emu 2 Ava Menu  (Read 247 times)

boomd

• Archived User
Adding Emu 2 Ava Menu
« on: October 15, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

is there any easy way to ad a link to the emulator section in my avalaunch menu.. ive added a few emulators to my xbox but i have to go through file manager to load them ,.,, is there a way just to load them from the menu with out doing all the computer technicalities ???

redman_88_05

• Archived User
Adding Emu 2 Ava Menu
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

Well..Im not sure since i never did it myself since i cant make avalaunch my default dashboard cause i dont know how  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) But out of my knowledge im guessing that if the emulators are put in the right spot then they will show up in the emulator section of your dashboard, To find out what the right spot is open your avalaunch.xml file and look for this line "<list presetname="Emulators">
            <path>
               E:\Emulators
            </path>"

So that says the emulators found in the "E:\Emulators" partion of your xbox will show on the list on your dashboard. Remember im not intirely sure, But its worth a shot.

*edit* Uhmm...ok i found something new out, To get your emulators to appear on that list i think you're going to have to edit the xml file to fit your specific emulator, For example to get the Surreal64 to show up on the emulator list you'll have to edit the above part to, " "<list presetname="Emulators">
            <path>
               E:\Emulators\Surreal64
            </path>
                                                                <filename>
                                                                                  default.xbe
                                                                </filename>"

But like i said i dont have any experience and changing a xml file could be dangerous if you dont know what you're doing so id wait to get a confirmation on my theory.

This post has been edited by redman_88_05: Oct 15 2006, 06:35 PM

ChrisF

• Archived User
Adding Emu 2 Ava Menu
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 06:39:00 AM »

Here's my xml below.  There are a few options.  I've elected to create an Emulator's menu item and then individuallly specify a name (using the console or system emulated rather than the name of the emulator application itself).

Here are a few examples of stuff.  Read through your avalaunch.xml file as there are other instructions and use mine as an example for your edits:  MY COMMENTS ARE IN ALL COLORED CAPS AND NOT ACTUALLY PRESENT IN THE XML

---------------------------------------------

All menu entries has to be either an 'Item' or a 'List'
         -->
THE TWO BELOW ARE ITEMS THAT APPEAR IN THE MAIN MENU
         <item name="XBox Media Center" path="E:\APPS\XBMC\default.xbe"/>
         <item name="Xbox Dash" path="C:\xboxdash.xbe"/>
THIS IS A LIST, APPEARS AS AN ITEM NAMED "GAMES..." AND THEN SCANS THE FOLDER LOCATOINS TO CREATE THE SUBLIST WHEN YOU SELECT IT
         <list presetname="Games...">
            <path scanlevel="2">
               E:\Games
            </path>
            <path>
               F:\Games
            </path>
         </list>
THIS IS A LIST, APPEARS AS AN ITEM NAMED "EMULATORS..." THERE IS NO FOLDER SCANNING GOING ON, IT JUST CONTAINS THESE ITEMS, I SPECIFY THE NAME THAT APPEARS AND THEN THE PATH TO LOAD IT
         <list presetname="Emulators">
            <item name="Arcade" path="f:\Emulators\Mame-X\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="Atari 2600" path="f:\Emulators\Atari\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="ColecoVision" path="f:\Emulators\Colecovision\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="Commodore Amiga" path="f:\Emulators\Amiga\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="GameBoy" path="f:\Emulators\extremegb\disc\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="Intellivision" path="f:\Emulators\Intellivision\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="Lynx" path="f:\Emulators\Lynx\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="Nintendo" path="f:\Emulators\NesterX\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="Nintendo 64" path="f:\Emulators\pj64_7\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="Sega Genesis" path="f:\Emulators\Genesis\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="Sega Master System" path="f:\Emulators\SMS\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="Sony Playstation" path="f:\Emulators\Playstation\default.xbe"/>
            <item name="Super Nintendo" path="f:\Emulators\snes9x\default.xbe"/>
         </list>

Writhing.Shad0w

• Archived User
Adding Emu 2 Ava Menu
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

@ Redman

all you have to do to get ava to be your default dash is:

Find the 'dashboard' folder that is your current dash should be on your E:\ NOT YOUR C:\ DRIVE!
(lets say unleashx, for example)

the dash launch file is "default.xbe"... you want avalaunch to become "default.xbe", so run a dash like XBMC or something besides the ones your foxin with... (you don't have to, but it ensures no problems)

then in file manager (you can do this over FTP as well..):

change "avalaunch.xbe" to "Default .xbe"

put your current default.xbe (unleashx, ex.) and all its files in its own folder, name it unleashx or whatever

then put your new default.xbe (avalaunch) and all its files (should be default.xbe, media folder, shoutcast folder, and avalaunch.xml) in the 'dashboards' folder on your E:\ (same place your initial Default.xbe was)

thats it! You can choose to move your unleashx (or whatever..) folder to wherever you want for storage, or just keep it in dashboard folder for easy access.

_-Peace-_

This post has been edited by Writhing.Shad0w: Oct 19 2006, 01:44 AM