xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Qwix To Ava Speeds  (Read 281 times)

jamesh44

• Archived User
Qwix To Ava Speeds
« on: October 15, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »

Im getting frustrated with my speeds from my PC to the xbox...Moving game to the xbox through Quix is only getting about 40kb at that rate its taking way too long...I have SP2 on the PC but it is dissabled...Ive tried Smart FTP and i am still getting problems with speeds..Router doesnt seem to be problem...The speeds start out very high but then goes to a crawl...Please if anyone has any ideas please help

rethciR

• Archived User
Qwix To Ava Speeds
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(jamesh44 @ Oct 15 2006, 05:46 PM) View Post

Im getting frustrated with my speeds from my PC to the xbox...Moving game to the xbox through Quix is only getting about 40kb at that rate its taking way too long...I have SP2 on the PC but it is dissabled...Ive tried Smart FTP and i am still getting problems with speeds..Router doesnt seem to be problem...The speeds start out very high but then goes to a crawl...Please if anyone has any ideas please help

I get 10000k on average over a 10/100 wired network.  PC is running Vista RC1.  I transfered 4 games (appx 8GB) last night in about 15 minutes.  Have you checked the windows firewall, hub/switch speeds, full duplex networking?  Is this a wired or wireless connection to your PC?

Xombe

• Archived User
Qwix To Ava Speeds
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

Odd. Do you get decent speeds when transferring from Xbox DVD to your PC when making your backups?  If not, your problems may be related.