xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Deleting Old Games  (Read 77 times)

OutlawJoseyWales

• Archived User
Deleting Old Games
« on: September 03, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »

Help..!!!  <please>

I am kinda new at this.. I recently traded my xbox for an xbox with Avalaunch software and a 250gb. hard drive...it is sweet. I joined Hollywood's game pass and this far have 51 games on board....nice. The problems are:

1) several of the games will not copy due to an error which indicates the number of files that did not copy. Like Tony hawks underground, Sonic hero's and several others. There is obviously some sort of copy protect I cannot get around is there a way to defeat this?

2) There are several games on the xbox hard drive that suck...how do I delete them?

3) I mistakenly copied a game that was already on there ..how to delete it?

4) The games that errored out do not display nor do of course run but they did take up a large amount of hard drive space. How to delete the these files safely?

I know it is not your job to tutor me (A stranger) but I hopefully can help you someday...perhaps you know someone even yourself that might be interested in a PS2 console with a Messiah 2 mod chip? For your help in the above I would be glad to sell it to you cheap if this interests you? If not I find another way to thank you for your advice/help.

Thanks Everyone....

Outlaw

MasterGouken

• Recovered User
Deleting Old Games
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

Use the file manager to browse to your games folder (on my xbox its F:\Games) and highlight the game you want to delete. Press start and choose "delete". Its that simple. Then reboot your xbox and you will see the game has gone.