xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Built-in Dvd Player  (Read 81 times)

kilroy1

• Archived User
Built-in Dvd Player
« on: August 22, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »

Anyone else tried to use the built-in DVD player to play the new -RV- movie starring Robin Williams? I was able to play an unprotected copy I made, but when I put the original in, it wouldn't play.
-Kilroy

zerowizard

• Recovered User
Built-in Dvd Player
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

there is no tellin... your best bet is to just use DVDX2... dont get me wrong i love ava but... its got its flaws.

kilroy1

• Archived User
Built-in Dvd Player
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 09:07:00 PM »

Yeah, finally drew the same conclusion...

RV ws the first video I found wouldn't play. AVA just freezes. Now almost all new dvd videos cause AVA to freeze.

If I make an unencrypted copy of the DVD video (anydvd + shrink), AVA plays it just fine, so I certainly suspect that it is the latest protection scheme that AVA can't handle.

DVDX2 does seem to handle the DVD videos just fine, and now I am trying to figure out why I can't get AVA to autolaunch DVDx2 when a video disc is inserted.... always something to keep busy with....

dvdx2 hasn't been updated in so many years - assuming it is open source, I wonder why AVA just doesn't dump their DVD player code and build in the DVDx2 code into the next build. Not like we have to worry about regular new releases of dvdx2.

-Kilroy