xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Whats The Status?  (Read 72 times)

ThaCrip

• Archived User
Whats The Status?
« on: October 21, 2005, 08:54:00 PM »

i cant say for sure but my guess is most of the dashboard projects out there are probably done since the XBox 360 is comming out soon... XBMC is about only major dashboard thats still being updated on a regular basis.

so in other words if i was to guess i would say there probably wont be any "new" versions of Avalaunch.

Puckster069

• Archived User
Whats The Status?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »

Ecspecially since it will probably be several months before the 360 is moddable, I love how they all just drop the ball because the next latest and greatest is just around the corner, when for the  mod scene it could be a year before anything can get done.  Ahh well I used to use Avalaunch, but due to the fact they have abandoned us I went to XBMC.

manu_xl

• Archived User
Whats The Status?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »

now way jose ;-)

user posted image

spid

• Archived User
Whats The Status?
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

smile.gif

we're not AWOL nor dead smile.gif project is not dead either.

Dev #1 is working real hard to finish his project so he can move on to work for/with Dev #2 actually. I think that's simply AWESOME news, it means that the team is more than just a program, it actually is a proof that we're a proper gang.

Dev #2 just bought a new house and works on moving onto a new project in his work - which he seems real happy with too.

Dev #3 needs dev #1 and #2 in order to work on ava .50, so he went off and made UIX instead. He's done amazing progress - keep in mind - he learned C/C++ just now recently, and already pulled off things like this.

Dev #4 went to south america a couple months ago and got a baby last friday, and he's working real hard on finishing a 2-year old project.

Dev #5 works on Qwix, he's given out 30-40 new beta versions the last few months - altho he too got a baby a few months ago.

Beta testers are still around like they always was, but they haven't had a lot to test. Last public ava compile was out in april, so it's not *madly* long time ago. It's just a bit longer ago than it usually needed, but we're all working free on this, noone is obligated to put in work when RL needs us more smile.gif

so, to sum it up :

we've gotten -two- kids lately, lots of work-related projects nears deadlines, and some is changing works. Leaves little time for avalaunch developement I'm afraid, but we're still a team that cares very much for eachothers and we talk on IRC and phones with eachothers on a daily basis.

Personally I consider many of them as some of the nicest and most skilled people I've ever met, if we're on a break - it's only to return when we're set for more action. Team avalaunch will remain smile.gif

-The Joker

0.50 is really hard for me to predict, as I've not been apart of that developement yet. Still, seeing as the other ava devs have so much to do RL time, it'd be impossible to say when they have time, focus and the feeling of wanting to code.

That's the thing with free software, you gotta want to make it as well smile.gif

-the joker