xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Do You Want A Cusom Ava Skin?  (Read 94 times)

tharien

• Archived User
Do You Want A Cusom Ava Skin?
« on: April 03, 2005, 05:36:00 AM »

Ok, so i'm geeked out just like most the other retards that hang out in these fourms, but i have something few others have....A college background in computer graphics and design. (Note i said few others have, not "no others" have).

Anyway, im bored with my current Ava skin and im wanting to build a new one. I have started on several already but they just wont flesh out for me, i guess it comes from lack of intrest on themes. So here's my proposal.

Come up with an idea for an ava skin and i will create a personalized skin based on that concept with dedication to the conceptor.(<--is this correct sentence structure?)

Lets not give a time frame here because i hate deadlines.(Infact deadlines are what kept me out of CG as a career. YAY money well spent)

I will check this thread periodically for the next few days and grab 5 of the best ideas and then run a vote in another thread. Then after a few more days i will pick the winner and PM them on the details.

The winning skin will include a custom launch screen, dashboard, file browser, font, and boot screen. Sorry , no screensaver as i have very little 3d experience. If someone runs across this and wants to aid me in building one that would be cool.

What do i get out of this. It a creative outlet for me that has run out of creativity. Lately i have been reduced to using a thousand dollars in art software as a way to view abstract file formats. I also create the occasional icon and custom skin for friends.

Am i any good? well here is the boot screen for ava i did for a friend and my current (only published) skin is in my sig.

user posted image
Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

before i get any strange over the top requests, i wish to clarify the screen from above. I did the recessed lettering and burned letters on the pedistal chief is sitting on. I also did his name and the words above the covenent ship along with my trade water marking. I DID NOT RENDER THIS ENTIRE SCENE. Though i would love to take credit for it, im honestly horrible with free hand art.

tharien

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 06:56:00 PM »

only 1 so far, gundam sounds cool, but be a bit more specific as to which gundam series. there are like 5 i think. SD, Gundam Wing, G Gundam and a couple others that escape me.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »

well u definately have potential there wink.gif ... cause the pic u have is nicely done but in terms of fitting well into avalaunch i dont think it will work to well in my opinion.

but if u can make a skin in similar to this type... user posted image

cause i like "professional" looking skins ... not just random pics that dont fit the overall feel of a dashboard like alot of people tend to make... cause i would say theres very few skins i like for the avalaunch dashboard out there and the one above is still my favorite skin for avalaunch... theres a few others that are close but the bulk (like 60-75percent) of skins out there i dont really like much.

thanks for your time wink.gif

tharien

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »

Very do-able. I like the straight lines and the colors. Very sharp.

XteticX

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »

I'm not sure its doable but what the hell, tongue.gif  I'll ask too. Take a look at my xbox from my sig and theme something from there. I'de love to have something to match my xbox but I suck at making skins. rotfl.gif It would seriously rock for me.

FLAMES! FLAMES I TELL YA! MOUHAHAHA! muhaha.gif

tharien

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 12:30:00 AM »

Ok so we have 3 so far, Gundam Seed (Orb's Model), A tight, professional skin, and one with lots of fire (fitting after all the recalls  wink.gif  ).

tharien

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 08:14:00 AM »

GOOD MORNING. i havent seen my bed in over 24 hours. TOO MUCH DOOM 3!

Just a bump before sleep.

Far Beyond Driven

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 12:05:00 PM »

Doctor Who for the British forum members   cool.gif

I'm guessing that you're not from the UK, so I don't know if you'll pick up on the Who craze going round here at the moment.

Billie Piper is lovely!  love.gif

You'll need a spacy theme, Daleks, the Man himself, the TARDIS and Billie!

Good Luck  wink.gif  

(fingers crossed)

tharien

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 12:26:00 PM »

Its been almost a week and we still havent got but 4 going, and a Dr.Who of all things. Very oddball indeed  blink.gif

Ok im gonna give it till saturday then im gonna create a poll

Arius

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

I like the Dr. Who Idea

what about something based around Pink Floyd ? ...

user posted image

Edit,

Or you could do something using the visuals from Jeff Wayns War Of The Worlds album, Some of those visuals are stunning.

user posted image

tharien

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2005, 12:07:00 PM »