xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch Freezing When Idle On 2 Different Boxes  (Read 77 times)

Nisei

• Archived User
Avalaunch Freezing When Idle On 2 Different Boxes
« on: December 01, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

Same problem here.
Freezes when idle fore x amount of time, only showing the screensaver logo. Reboot with controller is not possible. Better post this in the bugs thread.

iceman4208

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »

me too, i got it worse though, ever since the new update. Now on two different boxes, it freezed at the first avalaunch screen and won't go any further.

tvg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »

I have the same problem.  I've disabled all the web stuff and AvaLaunch still crashes if running for some amount of time.  It is a different length each time.  No idea what is causing it.

Kronos

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »

Arggh !!! It happens on mine too darn frequently !  Left it on the mainscreen for less than 60 secs. it frozed. Went into the "Skin" section, hasn't even load up anything, it frozed. Went into the "Network" settings. It frozed again. The soft reset wasn't functioning. I had to press the power button to shutdown and restart.

Please heeeelp !

MightyPez

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 02:19:00 AM »

I was having similar problems. In my case, the XBox would lock up only when it was in Avalaunch. Applications and games worked fine. I found 2 solutions that both worked in my case. The first was to edit the avalaunch XML config file and disable RSS feeds. Seemed to fix the problems I had with lockups in the dash.

The second I found completely by accident when I was forced to reintall everything from a scratch. So instead of updating to .49.2, I did a fresh install of it. Everything seems to working fine, even the RSS feeds.

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

try to test the unstable tree, some people have given feedback that build 136 is better.