xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Kotor Ii Question  (Read 1194 times)

andalantie

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

ColSandz, how did you back up the game to begin with?

I just highlighted and copied everything over using Boxplorer.

I wonder if this is a genuine copy protection, like what PC games have had for years, to make copies corrupt or unusable.

Oh well, chalk one up in the "Works for Me" column.

Gareth2061

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

Is there any point doing this if your going to burn it to a dvd?

Arius

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (ColSandoz @ Dec 10 2004, 10:17 PM)
if it were true copy protection I think it would freeze at the start of the game...

thats not strictly speaking true.

Games like XIII on the Pc had bits in the game that said stuff like

"If you want to board the submarine buy the game"

"If you want the ID card buy the game"

etc...

Its rare but some protections are clever.

I doubt this is protection though in that way, if it where it would prolly have something that said "Buy the game / Play from the DVD" this is more than likly just a coincidence (sp??)

ColSandoz

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

as far as I can tell, the retail and dvd-r backups work fine, or at leaste it happens very rarely, if at all.

thats pretty sweet about XIII... that actually a better way to protect against piracy, because a lot of groups would put it out, only to find that its messed up, and then they would need to release patches and what-not, causing more problems for pirate organizations.

very clever.

bearauto

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »

Well, I can attest that my DVD-R backup does NOT work well.  I am also having probs with Men of Valor and Prince of Persia.  My other backups work fine.

ColSandoz

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2004, 01:36:00 PM »

hmmm, I have tested all three of those games with dvd-r backups and hard-drive backups, and they work fine for me... what kind of problems are you getting?

edit: also, what method did you use to backup, what kind of burner, what dvd media, bios, dvd-drive (on the xbox), etc, etc.

Arius

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (ColSandoz @ Dec 10 2004, 10:35 PM)
thats pretty sweet about XIII... that actually a better way to protect against piracy, because a lot of groups would put it out, only to find that its messed up, and then they would need to release patches and what-not, causing more problems for pirate organizations.

very clever.

It took them a while to get it right biggrin.gif, they had to play it from start to finish to make sure it was cracked.

user posted image

ColSandoz

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »

did I miss something? how can you play backups without a modified bios?

also, I think the phillips drive is the one that is supposed to suck for dvd-r's... if I remeber correctly...

one of my xbox's has a phillips, and after I got my dvd burner I had to swap it out with one of my other drives from another box  just to read them (I use ritek g05)

edit: no wait, its the thompson that was bad for me, corretion. the phillips is my good drive.

bearauto

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (ColSandoz @ Dec 10 2004, 02:02 PM)
did I miss something? how can you play backups without a modified bios?

also, I think the phillips drive is the one that is supposed to suck for dvd-r's... if I remeber correctly...

one of my xbox's has a phillips, and after I got my dvd burner I had to swap it out with one of my other drives from another box  just to read them (I use ritek g05)

edit: no wait, its the thompson that was bad for me, corretion. the phillips is my good drive.

Woops...yes, you're right.  Sorry about that.  Yes, I have a modchip, and it's got an older bios on it.  What I mean was that I didn't have any other dashboards or software.

Maybe I should update the bios?  Where the hell did I put that parallel port adapter now?

And yeah I'm thinking of swapping out my dvd drive.

ShallowCorporateRaider

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »

I am having the same problem (screen goes black after the droid gets shot).  From what I can tell, all the previously mentioned solutions, such as editing the ini files or watching the trailer, have turned out to be ineffective.
Does anyone have any other ideas?

ColSandoz

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

did you try playing it off the disc through that portion, and then going back to the hard-drive?

that seems to have worked for everyone

cell_491

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

ok ive got a gen 1 xbox running an executor 2.3b lite + with the 4983 bios I have evox 3935 installed and im using dvd2xbox ver 6.1 this to my knowledge is as up to date as possible however, I CANNOT COPY KOTOR 2. Everytime i put the cd in dvd2xbox reads it as being either 1500mb, 1700mb or 2600mb wich are all wrong because its supposed to be 3800mb also it fails to copy hundreds of files thus making the copy useless. whats the deal here. i see that alot of peoples games are hanging later on in the game but i cant even get mine to copy. please help

ColSandoz

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »

try copying either with one of the many file managers or just FTP in and drag and drop the files into F:\games\kotor2 (then manually patch with dvd2xbox)

or try using some different transfer tools.

cell_491

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »

ive tried xbcopy and complex tools didnt help at all and when i try to ftp from xbox to pc from the xbox D: drive i get a ridiculously slow upload speed of .67kbs...need help. also i cant drag and drop files from th d: drive to F:games it gives me an error

ColSandoz

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »

maybe a bad disc, no other problems with your other discs at this time?

does it play of the disc fine?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13