xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Kotor Ii Question  (Read 1195 times)

ColSandoz

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

it should be the most recent one (by the time stamp)... the one at the top of the list... otherwise, just load them until you find the right one. it wont be the ones with the droids, it will be the one with the main character in the save (which happens after your droid dies)

I always rotate saves, just in case of a bug, so I can always go back a few saves, I suggest you do the same (when ever you save, save over the fourth entry, and that one will go to the top).. rinse and repeat

AceAce

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

cool man...thanks a lot for the game save... it rocks...

Revol

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »

Ok, now here's an odd story that's gonna rock your world: on the same Box, my brother had no problem at all, but I am. I don't quite understand why not, either. I think the only difference may be with saved games. Perhaps he never saved before the event. But I did. Maybe this is the problem?

moosebox

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

I believe this to be just a random event...some have the problem, others don't.... at first I had the problem once, then it stop happening, then it happened, then it didn't (all this happened while trying to find a fix for others).

So the only fix right now is trying over an over to get past it, and hope it works.

bigdc666

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2004, 12:57:00 AM »

Ive found that if u save your game during the black screen, then reload it its fixes that prob. but when u try to leave the area u run into another problome...

Deryck

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2004, 02:03:00 AM »

What are the specs of the xbox's that do run the game of the hdd fine?

I have a xenium chip with the evo x m8 bios btw

bearauto

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2004, 07:18:00 AM »

I've got major probs with this game.  my xbox freezes (black screen) when I'm down in the mines (after my droid gets zapped).  it doesn't happen in the same spot but it does happen every time in the same area.

i havent tried the movie trick and my hd is the stock hd so i can't load it on my hd.

one last thing, i tried burning the disc the way the other guy said to and it didn't fix anything.

just sounds like the dvd drive stops spinning when the black screen happens.

jahwi

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

I have the first generation of xbox (with that ridiculous dvd rom that doesn't read anymore) with the evox 1 (just the first one).

I had to watch the kotor trailer to get past the droid bug.(i play from hdd of course, with my broken CD rom...)

mokumba

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2004, 08:49:00 AM »

when u run dvd2xbox and the disc starts making funny noises, just leave it for a while, dvd2xbox will eventually load.

XBoxSqrePants

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »

My dvd2xbox took a while to load. Once I started playing, I got a blackscreen bug. I shut off the chip, loaded from retail disk and it started loading after the blackscreen. It locked up on 75% loading on the first try, but went through the second time around. I saved and been playing from HD ever since. Nothing else worked.

plastikpyro

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »

the game locks up my dvd2xbox so I used cloneXB and FTP'd the files(3.8gigs) to my PC and transfered it back with SmartFTP. Runs fine until you get to the terminal where the droid blows up. Apparently it autosaves at that exact point and boots a video sequence afterwards. But if your playing off the HD, it doesn't boot the sequence correctly so all we get is a black screen, not locked or frozen but a black screen as you can still access the games pause menu and hear audio. You can still use the original disc and play past that part and save.

bearauto

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

This is extremely frustrating.

andalantie

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2004, 12:23:00 PM »

I attempted to do a methodical analysis of the Black Screen Bug.

What I did, exactly:

I saved my game just prior to having T3-M4 use the console.  I then used the console, unlocked the door on the Admin level, and logged out.   That's it -- no other commands.

Results:

The game would sometimes stay black screened, but sometimes (immediately after T3-M4 gets shot and the game fades to black) I got the Saving/Loading screens for the next scene.  The results were immediate.  Either the game progressed within a second of fading to black, or it stayed black for good.

I did this more than 20 times, and the game progressed normally only about a third of the time.

I then tried a few other variations, based on suggestions in this forum:

1.  Renaming my directories, changing ini file content, etc.  had NO statistically significant effect on the outcome.

2.  Character type (Guardian/Sentinel/Consular) has no effect either.

3.  Exiting and watching the intro video prior to using the console does not reliably advance the game, either.  Perhaps others have had 100% success, I have not.  Further testing is required.  (Any volunteers?)

I think this bug is more of an annoyance than a show-stopper, but I'd be interested in seeing some data from other people with Kotor II on their HDs.

As for those that think they've found consistent workarounds -- try a few more times and report some success rates, please.  The first time I tried the Intro-video-watching method, it worked and I thought I had found The Solution To All Our Problems.  Until I tried it a few more times and realized that it was no more consistent than just loading and retrying.

Note: At no point did I have to clear my x/y/z drives.

ColSandoz

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

OK, just for completeness, this is what I tried/success rates (I have a xenium ice with latest firmware and latest xecuter bios):

I tried going from the auto-save and operating the terminal about 15 times... didnt ever work.

Tried by same method 2-3 times booting with the evox m8 bios... didnt work

I tried watching the video and then loading the auto-save and using the console about 5 times... didnt ever work

I tried clearing the chache and then trying the first way 2-3 times... didnt ever work

I tried clearing the cache and then watching the video twice... didnt ever work

I loaded the game from the auto-save and playing off of the DVD, worked fine with both the official DVD and a burned dvd-r first time, both times.

A friend of mine, with an Xecuter2 and an older xecuter bios, had the same feezing problems. He also fixed it by using the disc during this portion, and then continuing off the HD...

Once again, for people who just CANT get by this point for soem reason, I have posted a save which features a saved point directly after this bug.. you can find it here:
http://www.primedrec...st/4c410014.zip

bearauto

• Archived User
Kotor Ii Question
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »

So this error affects all dvd drive types, right?

Anyone notice that when their xbox crashes with kotor, other backups have probs too?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13