xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Team Avalaunch Wakes Up Again...  (Read 114 times)

the joker

• Archived User
Team Avalaunch Wakes Up Again...
« on: September 09, 2004, 05:25:00 AM »

We've been a while without any winds in the sails the latest month(s) of different reasons. Now people seems to get back from trips, summer events and hospitals so we might get on with the .50 engine.  Don't know how much work we will put in the current engine atm, but we might release a couple more before getting it on with the real one ( .50 ).

Either way, thanks for sticking around - because I hope that we can get started on what we were doing now =)

ultrabrutal

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »

Welcome back!   Can't wait to see what you guys have up the sleves!

50centSHOW

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »

Just wanted to say Thank you to team avalaunch.  It's my favorite dash and I love it.  I decline use of any other dash because in my eyes, avalaunch is 10 steps ahead of the rest.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (50centSHOW @ Sep 10 2004, 12:04 AM)
Just wanted to say Thank you to team avalaunch.  It's my favorite dash and I love it.  I decline use of any other dash because in my eyes, avalaunch is 10 steps ahead of the rest.

Its really nice when people actually add that to posts (see bit in bold in quote) I like people who agree its all personal choice

ORGANIC_PEPSI

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

thats good to hear
waiting for the v.50

Just wanted to say Thank you to team avalaunch. It's my favorite dash and I love it. I decline use of any other dash because in my eyes, avalaunch is 10 steps ahead of the rest.

ever tried unleashx 50?

ORGANIC_PEPSI

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

I found UnleashX to be an imitation of Avalaunch

that is one of the dumbest comments ive heard in these forums .ux is a clone of ava??? Tell me you are joking. What in the name off blue piss is that?

cough**   ahemm with 187 posts i assumed u must have learned something while ur trolling these boards...but that seems not so..

dammit UNLEASHX how many times i told u not to copy
*video previewing/
*in dash formatting ,
*in dash menu editing,(chose icon preview vids for menu items)
*in dash fan control/temp threshold
*fully intergrted music player (with play, pause, pre track,next track features funtional via the controller)
*built in  image viewer
*ability to edit/open xml ,txt,jpeg,jpg,giff,png files via the file manager
*the ability to switch  launch games in diff video modes WITHOUT  fuking up ur xbox
*screen calibaration
*the ability to use customized commands with the remote commander

from the avalaunch wink.gif

team ava keep up ur great work i know u gonna rock  v .50 with the new UI biggrin.gif

ORGANIC_PEPSI

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

*peddling over the previous post*
ooops sorry!!

** and ummm
*the best build in virtual key board(dont have to delete the whole file name when u just want to change the first letter of the file name tongue.gif )
*built in game saves manager
*zipping ability

never never copy these features again unleashx ...ok blink.gif

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

0.50 is not only new UI longer... It's gonna be a full rewrite, nothing from the old dash will remain in it.  All programmers know and will agree on that it's the second  ( or third ) time you write the program that it gets right.

We're looking into multiprocessing now, getting a bit more speed, control and flexibillity over the system.

example :
user posted image

poiygon

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

Very nice. With a reference to the "Not Responding" in that image, are we to assume that random halts will be isolated so a hard restart is not required to "fix" the problem?

50centSHOW

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

Dude, the new avalaunch is gonna be sweet.

reactions

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

u know i had evox as my dash for the longest time - i diddnt know what i was missing till i started using ava (my evox got corrupted)

u guys keep it simple and sweet - dont forget that!

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (poiygon @ Sep 15 2004, 05:45 PM)
Very nice. With a reference to the "Not Responding" in that image, are we to assume that random halts will be isolated so a hard restart is not required to "fix" the problem?

imagine how simple it will be to find the problem in our system with stuff like this ?  =)
We're trying to figure out how to kill the "not responding" processes, but it's not as easy as killing something that can be asked to quit, ofcourse.  We'll find a way, shouldn't be impossible.

This process-system was initially made for the .50 engine, but we changed tactics and put it into .49.2 engine instead (for now), and I belive the .50 engine already had this implemented from the core, whereof this was more hacked in than being a part of the core design.

As far as the 0.50 engine concerns, it will be as advanced as you want it. If you leave as it is downloaded, it will be running with the old skins - you wont notice a lot of changes.  If you want to be more advanced, you're gonna be able to express yourself.
Either way, things will be very tied up to online stuff. Even more than 0.4* series was. smile.gif

NeMeSiSM66

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

Looking very good! Can't wait for it. Is the defrag option going to be in .50 by any chance? Or is that going to be released at a later time?

Epidemic

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2004, 03:32:00 AM »

Cant wait to see it. Have only just started using avalaunch but glad i have as it is brilliant.

yosomono99

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »

anything new happening?
Pages: [1] 2