xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Freezes  (Read 65 times)

sCouRgE

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes
« on: August 08, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »

wink.gif

GoldStar

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »

If your booting from CD and you remove the cd, THEN select file manager Ava will freeze..I've never had ava freeze on me when loading from hard drive

Mellowkoas

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

blink.gif I'm not booting from a disk only from the Hard Drive. blink.gif

BigGanja

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 10:59:00 PM »

i got A weird issue with avalaunch, i have been running an 80gig for a while, and just upgraded to 120GB and backed up my 80GB onto the 120, after this was done, the FONT was ALWAYS too big, hence i click on File Manager, it would lock up.

even after setting the font to 10 or 12 in avalaunch.xml, i STiLL get the same size, BUT, i goto Dashboards and launch avalaunch from their - F:\Dashboards\AVALaunch\default.xbe it launches great font is perfect

so i decide to go and copy the one from F:\ into C:\ root to fix the font size issue and even tho' i copy the SAME avalaunch.xml into C:\ it still does that same thing

In the end the fix i used was
XBTool and edited my bios to load from F:\Dashboards\AVALaunch\default.xbe

now it works like a charm, but im still puzzled as to what could be causing this ?!!

Mellowkoas for now u could always try something like boXplorer for arranging your files, or better still do it from the PC, while in FTP state

BigGanja

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »

wink.gif

i use FlashFXP and you can easily manage your xbox from the PC using this, just click the end box on the side you normally view your PC with "Switch to browser"

then simply connect again so your avalaunch says 2 users and you should be able to move stuff around like that wink.gif right click your folders/files to rename\delete\transfer etc etc

Mellowkoas

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 05:27:00 AM »

uhh.gif

Any ideas?