xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 1487 times)

xMonKeyx

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

Requesting new features seems almost wrong, like telling you guys how to do your hobbies right just for us, but if everyone is requesting features, i'll just more or less add more push to some already requested ideas.

Scandisk and Defrag would be killer. The skipping to selected bg music is nice. FlashBIOS option deffinately. The only reason i boot to evox is for that purpose. I'm sure there's a bunch of requested stuff in here that i didn't understand that i too as well would think is bad ass but these features i mentioned are for sure what the dash needs.

All in all that's everything. Thanks for the hard work and support on the best dash around.

AVA FOR LIFEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Noutaja

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

laugh.gif

issues_i3oy

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »

FlashX is awesome. Guaranteed that you won't have a bad flash.

dbldown768

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »

well i've seen it in XBMC but i havent used it yet, but how about a way to Invite your friends on the Xlink arena screen.  I like using avalaunch as my dash and this would be great i would think.  You could send an invite to your friends already signed on, and talk over the VoIP at the same time.

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2004, 06:36:00 AM »

boot as PAL/NTSC in the submenu.
i don't want autoswitch on all the time and using button sequences to switch modes isn't my first choice.
so a videomode option in the submenu (highlighting game/app and pressing start) would be nice.

Arcanthur

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

how about the ability to position menu elements anywhere on screen so that skin creation is only limited to imagination and not a preset layout.  

That and ability to change text color

Blade9123

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2004, 01:54:00 AM »

Please see this thread for a feature request that would be very cool.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=232565

highbomber

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

I think avalaunch has done a great job so far. I just love the look of it, and half the things people are requesting can be done with simple programs which take under a minute to download and install.

There is only one thing I can reccommend. I always make back-ups of games or back-ups of C or E drive by FTPn' them to my computer and they take an average of about an hour. Now, if you play a game in the middle of a transfer it the xbox disconnects from the network. Although, while transferring, you can move freely within Avalaunch. Just for kicks, it would be cool if you had some dashboard games, like Solitare or Pong, so while FTPn' you have something to do. My computer is very picky when it comes to burning CD's or transferring files. So I always leave my computer alone while it is busy.

I believe nothing else is in need for Avalaunch. But keep up the bug fixed updates!

Highbomber

phatthai

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2004, 09:40:00 AM »

can you add an option for the rotating cube to look more like a DVD case? So i can use the box scan as skins.

ColdRealms

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2004, 11:46:00 PM »

Any way under GOD that we can get the file transfer function (external FTP or internal File manager to accept file names with commas? over 100 of my various roms and such have commas in the file names and ava rejects them all! Untill i manually remove the comma.....

PS AWESOME job on the new .49.0.4 release It rocks.

gronne

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »

tongue.gif ), and since you didn't answer the question it'll autoload anyways.
But, if you don't take a piss and start-up the box without knowing there's a dvd in you'll be glad there was a question, so you didn't have run up and eject the damn drive.

The question in itself should be at the upper right corner(You must be well aware of the question, though), and the way you answer yes or no should simply be with the black and white buttons. During the question(5 seconds could be a pain in the ass) you should be able to use ava just as normal.

I don't see any set-backs with this and it would make me (probably very many others) ten times less irritated.

I don't think it would be too hard coding. I'd be thrilled if you implemented it, AS an option. Some are probably happy the way autostart works as is, I'm not.
Please ask me questions because I'm aware of me writing messed up.

MadEx

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »

I would like to an option to disable the showing of the xbe-icon and the xbe title on the loading screen. I find the icon to be ugly half the time and I don't need to be told what I'm launching, well because I just launched it a second ago.

I have a few nice skins that I think are "ruined" by th loading screen.

Anyway, just the option to for people like me, you can leave it on by default.

Also while were at adding options, how about an option to disable the rotating cube on the right side of the screen?

Spectracide

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

I'd like to see a built in text editor.  Maybe it could be integrated with the file browser.  Could save some time avoiding the need to FTP for changes to config files for dashes, emulators, etc.  
The only text editor I know of right now is xpad.  It is alright, but it will only open files with known text extentions.  That sucks because Bochs' (dos emu) config file has no extention.

I'd also like a "rumble on start" option.  Right now, hooking my Xbox up to my network means unplugging it and moving it to another room with a free CAT5.  I like to save some time by skipping the video hook up (and sometimes people may not have a TV when they move their xbox for networking) and a rumble would be a nice indicator of whether or not the dash has started (as I use the gamesave exploit and have to run mechassault, then hit A twice).

rob1309

• Recovered User
Feature Requests
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Jun 25 2004, 11:16 AM)
Pretty often when I start my Xbox up, I don't know that I have a dvd-movie or something else that is autostart, and I get annoyed as hell that I have to walk up to the box and eject the drive and then restart the box.

I think autostart is a great feature, but it needs to be remade. My idea is that there should be an option in the settings to either have it as it is now OR to everytime something will autostart it simply ask's a question whether you want it to "autostart" or not. If you don't press any button for five seconds it will start it up automatically.

If you want to see a film you start the box up and take a piss during the load( a classic tongue.gif ), and since you didn't answer the question it'll autoload anyways.
But, if you don't take a piss and start-up the box without knowing there's a dvd in you'll be glad there was a question, so you didn't have run up and eject the damn drive.

The question in itself should be at the upper right corner(You must be well aware of the question, though), and the way you answer yes or no should simply be with the black and white buttons. During the question(5 seconds could be a pain in the ass) you should be able to use ava just as normal.

I don't see any set-backs with this and it would make me (probably very many others) ten times less irritated.

I don't think it would be too hard coding. I'd be thrilled if you implemented it, AS an option. Some are probably happy the way autostart works as is, I'm not.
Please ask me questions because I'm aware of me writing messed up.

...sure ya talkin bout the right thing?
the bios will auto load default.xbe by default and movies/games will load auto once ava boots if enabled to auto load
if auto load is off, bios will still boot games on startup so just edit bios and reflash
i have bios booting dvd drive on boot.xbe so games dont auto load which is very nice seeing how ava can load default.xbe still if i select it from the menu

i think the auto loading is done enough but then again, i hate when still loads on boot
it's like a pc when inserting a game to play or movie to rip, the loading upon tray closing pisses me off  grr.gif  so i turned that off
it's the same way with xbox

gronne

• Archived User
Feature Requests
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2004, 02:06:00 AM »

Yeah, that's true the bios autoload games, but not dvd's and other stuffs and that's what ava autolaunch. I'm not implying autoload is a bad feature, but it needs to be altered. This mostly has to do with taking a piss during boot-up. I'm not sure how to explain it better, but it's got similarities to the pc autoload annoyment you spoke of.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16