xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Err 3,1005 With F Drive?  (Read 153 times)

roolf

• Archived User
Err 3,1005 With F Drive?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »

I get the same error (Err: 1005 and Err: 3 after I have tried to access the drive). However, my errors are on drives X, Y and Z. I have tried to format all drives several times, but no success. The drives C,E,F and G appears to be working fine.

My xbox is a 1.1 flashed with a executor2 4083.67. My HD is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 160GB.

Any suggestions?  

SemTecS=-=RiF

• Archived User
Err 3,1005 With F Drive?
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

Oops, started a new topic earlier...

Now reading this, I can tell you I have the exact same problem with latest Ava-version on my F-drive, since I copied files to my F-Drive that didn't have enough space to hold them. Don't know if that really triggered the ERR1005 story on my F-partition but it sucks bigtime. Even formatting the entire drive on my PC, and then re-initialising and formatting it with NetPrep doesn't work anymore!

Sure hope the guys from Avalaunch are working on a fix for this one... Sounds like a major bug to me!

If anyone can come up with a solution?!? Thank M8s...

notserbamma

• Archived User
Err 3,1005 With F Drive?
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2004, 09:08:00 PM »

Man you gotta be kidding me. All of these posts about the same problem and there is STILL no solution???

Man I haven't had any problems with my xbox ever until a couple nights ago. I got the Err:3,1005 error on my F drive in Avalaunch after I installed the new version of XBMC (9/9/04 I think). The only thing I can think of that I did differently is change the fan speed in XBMC. Now its like EVERY SINGLE xbe on my F drive is corrupt or something. Most of the xbe's on my E drive are fine (emus) but EVERYTHING on my F drive is corrupt and can't be accessed through anything cept flashfxp. I tried moving Boxplorer to my E drive since I've been able to access a few things on my E drive but when I select it through Ava's file manager, it says "The Selected File Is Not A Valid XBE." Man this REALLY REALLY REALLY sucks that there is no solution to this problem.

From what I've been reading in this thread it looks like not even formatting fixes the problem. Man what are we going to do people? There hasn't been very many "Common" causes of this Err3 problem but everyone seems to be experiencing it the same way.

You know it almost seems like my xbox has caught a virus or something (impossible right?). I was also thinking maybe I ran outta room on the F:\ or something but I had over 23 gigs left...man this is really killing me.
EDIT: I have now lost complete access to the F drive on FLASHfxp also so I can't even back anything up.

Where are the AV people when you need em?

This post has been edited by notserbamma: Sep 15 2004, 07:48 AM

notserbamma

• Archived User
Err 3,1005 With F Drive?
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »

What Avalaunch files are in the TDATA and UDATA folders that I can delete?

How about Av files on the XYZ drives?

I'm tryna start fresh without formatting to see what happens

notserbamma

• Archived User
Err 3,1005 With F Drive?
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »

Ok well I found the answer to the Err: 3,1005 problem people. It basically means our HDD's are "near" burnt out so its all about trying to back what you can up and buying a new HDD. You might get a few more months out of it if you format it but from what I heard from this guy our HDDs are pretty much screwed.

Oh well...time to step my game up anyway....DREAM-X here I come!!

SemTecS=-=RiF

• Archived User
Err 3,1005 With F Drive?
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

Oh please, get lost ;-)

You must be kidding. Never read anything about this and now suddenly dozens of people report problems with their hard-drives. My guess Avalaunch or XBMC messed up our drives; there should be some solution for this, other then replacing the drive!?! Shouldn't there be?!?

Meanwhile I keep hoping.

BTW. I put the HD in my PC and checked it; no problems detected! Strange, huh?

notserbamma

• Archived User
Err 3,1005 With F Drive?
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2004, 01:02:00 AM »

Maybe the AV and XBMC team wants all of us to get lost...since none of them have experienced this problem.  Semtecs...usually things that haven't been resolved by now are issues simpler than we would like to admit.  Do you really think its an AV or XBMC problem? I doubt it man...the authors know their stuff and would have addressed it by now.

All I know is...I'm pissed...there's been no official solution to this problem...I have no HDD...and I have a whacked thompson drive (disc is dirty or damaged) which means I no longer have an xbox...

Oh well, time to finally buy a PS2... wink.gif

notserbamma

• Archived User
Err 3,1005 With F Drive?
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »

Hard Drive Failure...that is all.

pjc0715

• Archived User
Err 3,1005 With F Drive?
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(marcus21 @ Aug 28 2004, 10:20 PM) View Post

I rebooted AVA and went to file manager and pressed start, ftp'd command SITE FORMAT F:  and it worked, i was having the same problem i'm not sure why it didn't work before maybe because of screensaver being on?

Your little tip was exactly what I needed to do.  Command wouldn't work, then I read your post, rebooted, reissued command and it worked like a charm.

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]