xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd-r Media  (Read 151 times)

djad81

• Archived User
Dvd-r Media
« on: October 10, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »

I have been using DATASAFE 4x DVD-R's to make my backups. The disc's with the purple burning surface. I have a Pioneer A07.

I've made a few backups that all went ok. Some older backups won't read for some reason, even thought the disc is mint.

Whats the recommended media to use?

I also you Alcohol 120% to burn images once I've made them, could this be the problem??

Any advice would be great

DJAd

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Dvd-r Media
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »

If you want the absolute best then Taiyo Yuden is the way to go.  They have consistantly scanned to be the best for burning and use very rigid standards for quality.  If you can't find Taiyo Yuden (I noticed you are in the UK), then Ritek/Ridata DVD-R would also be a great choice.  In addition Alcohol 120% is not the software I would recommend for burning XBOX backups.  I would either use a late version of Nero or the new Prassi ONES software (the new alternative to Recordnow Max).  If you are Doing DVD Backups then DVD Decrypter is a great legal freeware program to use.  As long as you are making an xISO file with a reliable program such as Craxton or Qwix then it will burn perfectly for you.

mR 54

• Archived User
Dvd-r Media
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »

Hi djad81,

jesterrace777 recommended the ritek to me and I bought:-
New Orange 4x RITEK G04 DVD-R 25 tub - £ 9.12 including delivery. from the below store and have made backups of both dvds and games and have not one single problem. really good in my opinion.

http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/customer/home.php?cat=260

mR 54

:blink:

This post has been edited by mR 54 on Oct 11 2004, 01:14 AM

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Dvd-r Media
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

Ive had great luck with Ritek myself. I've found that for my DVD player TDKs seem to work a little better and my Xbox has no issues with them either. Taiyo Yudens are the absolute best though.

djad81

• Archived User
Dvd-r Media
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »

Cheers for the advice, where can I pickup some Taiyo Yudens???

DJAd

mR 54

• Archived User
Dvd-r Media
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »

Howdie,

I stumled across these last night when I was searching but have tried searching on Taiyo Yuden's on Google but cant see any in shops, so looks like that might be your only bet.

http://shop.cd-writer.com/acatalog/ALL_PRO...LE_DVD_466.html

They are pretty costly but havent tried them so dont know if theyre worth it.

mR 54.
 :blink:

mR 54

• Archived User
Dvd-r Media
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

djad81

• Archived User
Dvd-r Media
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

Cheers for the site, they are pretty pricy! I think i'm gonna go for Ritek discs. Whats the best Ritek ones to go for, there are a few different ones on SVP. Any ideas??

Cheers,

DJAd