xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Whats The Diff?  (Read 82 times)

Untouchable

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« on: March 15, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »

whats the big differences between avalaunch and evoX?

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 06:41:00 AM »

Avalaunch Tour

In a nutshell, Avalaunch does a hell of a lot more than just launch applications.  wink.gif

mattg26

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 03:07:00 PM »

Try using a different bios. beerchug.gif

mattg26

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »

Also make sure your bios is set to launch Avalaunch and not evox.

Avalaunch is much better than evox in my opinion. beerchug.gif

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (dougyt @ Mar 16 2004, 12:00 PM)
I have evox working fine, and avalaunch crashing every few minutes, and you recommend I make it default to the crashing dashboard???
Thanks I'll pass on that one.
BTW tsop flashed with evoxM7 bios.

Avalaunch does not crash on a properly setup Xbox.  It's pretty much the same as people having game loading/freezing problems; user error.  wink.gif

dougyt

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »

thejt says
Im tired of people even saying Ava is remotely unstable

Conversely, I'm tired of people saying it is stable, I have had nothing but crashes ONLY with Ava,
games OK
Evox OK
XBMC OK
XBMP OK
XSMS OK
and I could go on, but the only one which locks up *my* xbox is Avalaunch. Several others also had Ava lock up their xbox, I just checked the threads, searching for any cures, all say "change Bios" and then go quiet when that is said to have been done without curing the lock.
I like the look of Avalaunch, it would be great *IF* it didn't lock up.
Only answer I saw was in the Avalaunch documents which says maybe evox locks it up by not releasing network resources. I don't want to take the chance that my Xbox will be locking up using Ava, so I will stick with evox, until I can launch Ava and it doesn't crash.
Anyway way off topic for this thread so I'll leave it .
Good debate though

neosnightmare

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »

i have evox set as my default but im glad as hell that i installed avalaunch as a app. this thing is awesome since i really got into cheking out all of the features  biggrin.gif i like the saved game feature and also the skins probably the most.

heinrich

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 10:08:00 PM »

ava crashes on me when I goto 'reboot', and sometimes just randomly, and I doubt there is anything wrong with my 'setup'.
Granted.. I don't 'reboot' too often either, but heh.

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 04:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (heinrich @ Mar 17 2004, 08:08 AM)
ava crashes on me when I goto 'reboot', and sometimes just randomly, and I doubt there is anything wrong with my 'setup'.
Granted.. I don't 'reboot' too often either, but heh.

Your probably using the version that has the bad reboot in it. Try switching to 48.4.

DrSuess

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 04:43:00 AM »

This maybe a stupid question but I can not find it anywhere.

Does Avalaunch run games from a DVD disk???  I do not see a "Launch DVD" or simluar option in the tour or manual for this prog / dash.

Also, does Avalaunch as a clock update from a sntp server?  I can not find any info about this either

I do not put games on my HD ... I burn them to dvd.  All the nice features that Avalaunch gives you I would not actually use.  The only reason I am interested in this dash is the fact that it will be the first one with built in Kai support.

badmonkey

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 04:57:00 AM »

^^^^^^^^^

When you put a DVD into the Xbox an Icon will appear in the upper right corner.

Just go up and select it, then hit A button to launch it, or Start for a list of other options.

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (badmonkey @ Mar 17 2004, 07:08 AM)
I stand corrected. I was unaware of a reboot bug in any recent version. I must have skipped said version, or it never effected me.

This was only in 1 version, which was quickly replaced.  In either case, wouldn't everyone agree it's mucher quicker to reboot using IGR instead of the reboot function?  I've never used 'reboot' in any dashboard, as I'm just so used to IGR.  wink.gif

Also, people never mention which version they are running when the bitch about problems.  As with any software, don't complain unless you're running the latest "stable" version (kind of hard to apply that word to an application that's still in alpha status).

xprezz

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 02:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (dougyt @ Mar 16 2004, 10:27 PM)
thejt says
Im tired of people even saying Ava is remotely unstable

Conversely, I'm tired of people saying it is stable, I have had nothing but crashes ONLY with Ava,
games OK
Evox OK
XBMC OK
XBMP OK
XSMS OK
and I could go on, but the only one which locks up *my* xbox is Avalaunch. Several others also had Ava lock up their xbox, I just checked the threads, searching for any cures, all say "change Bios" and then go quiet when that is said to have been done without curing the lock.
I like the look of Avalaunch, it would be great *IF* it didn't lock up.
Only answer I saw was in the Avalaunch documents which says maybe evox locks it up by not releasing network resources. I don't want to take the chance that my Xbox will be locking up using Ava, so I will stick with evox, until I can launch Ava and it doesn't crash.
Anyway way off topic for this thread so I'll leave it .
Good debate though

All I can say is that you are doing something wrong. All XBOX'es I mod I install Ava as the default dash. Never a problem. Maybe its because you are launching from Evox..

Start

• Archived User
Whats The Diff?
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

Quote from: xprezz,Mar 24 2004, 11:54 AM