xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eeprom Problem Leading To More!  (Read 121 times)

skorchir

• Archived User
Eeprom Problem Leading To More!
« on: February 22, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »

error 13 means it does not find the dashboard. showing up as 0megs is an indication the drive is not formatted which could be the reason u get error 13.
try re-formatting the hard drive and re-installing the dashboard this should fix it

IronDre

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »

ok ok...how can i do i reformat the hardrive?  I've tried doing it wit Slayer's Evox cd but it didnt' do anything.  It's like i Write to the drive.

thejt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 01:17:00 PM »

Wait.. Ill post in a sec.. dont format.

TigerHawk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

Maybe it is because your hardrive is locked because the EEPROM isn't there to unlock it for you. Sounds right.

IronDre

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »

Yeah that does sound right...so how do i go about fixing the eeprom?

thejt

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »

I would try using Config Magic to try to unlock the drive.  You may be able to use TEAMASSEMBLY as the unlock key I believe.    

What util did you lock it with when you replaced the drive?

IronDre

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »

I don't know...I had someone do it all for me...I could ask them if I really need to know

thejt

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

Try config magic.  Ill double check but I think TEAMASSEMBLY is the universal unlock code.

IronDre

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »

Ok...I'll see what i can figure out

thejt

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »

Are you 100% positive you dont have your eeprom.bin  maybe in your c:\backup folder?

Anyways.. If you CAN boot up with slayers or any dash for that matter, FTP to you box and double check you dont have a eeprom.bin.  Maybe the guy who did it made a backup.

Then either FTP config magic to your box or burn a new boot disk with it on it.  If you find your eeprom bin just reprogram your eeprom with the backup.  Otherwise try config magic to just unlock with TEAMASSEMBLY as the key.

IronDre

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2004, 03:58:00 PM »

well i can't tell if have it...cause i can't get at my drive...unless config magic will allow me to unlock then look for the eeprom.bin...I can't ftp to my drive...that's one of the problems

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 05:19:00 PM »

i have an old 120 gig hard drive that is locked from a year ago...  is the Master  password something that will work...  is this new info ...because I  gave up trying everything a year or so ago to unlock it.

It's a western digital 120 gig

Is there new info out the last year ... because I'm willing to try anything ... glad i didn't throw it away.

I did try about 3 or 4 program to unlock it without success ... even tryed magic but I didn't know the Master password...

I used some program can't even remember it to change the emprom ... dumb newbie mistake! smile.gif

Sorry, didn't mean to interupt you helping the other guy but what you said ...gave me new hope of unlocking one of my hard-drives! smile.gif

p.s. just tryed putting the old hard drive in the xbox and loading slayer from dvd ...and no go!  Probably the same problem the other guy has...  Seems the xbox is looking for the hard drive.

IronDre

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »

what do i have to do to make a config magic bootdisc....do i have to include a dummy file or anything?

rob1309

• Recovered User
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »

smile.gif

and you should always have a backup of eeprom if you screw with software for xbox anyways

i'm very damn good at fixing eeproms as i've went through hell with em
it's all good
it's never ever too late
even if not have eeprom backup, just keep asking people, (not me as mine's not banned and will stay that way forever smile.gif plus not too sure bout sending those out ), for an eeprom and then you can use their's to fix problem halfway
then get backup off you hdd and fix again with yours, i had to do that once and it worked

CrowBarr

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2004, 12:33:00 AM »

ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif
Pages: [1] 2