xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 0.48.59 Out  (Read 93 times)

the joker

• Archived User
0.48.59 Out
« on: February 09, 2004, 09:40:00 AM »

fixed and hammered the eeprom / videmode switcher as well as hdd lock and music crashing.

<xbins> [XHD] New XBOX Application, Avalaunch 0.48.59 Size: 2.10MB Homepage: http://www.teamavalaunch.com Readme: http://www.xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo793.nfo

widget01

• Archived User
0.48.59 Out
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »

I just want to say (and probably a lot of other people feel the same way) that the quick updates are very much welcomed, unfortunately some people got screwed over by the original vidmode/eeprom problem, but if the delay was longer more people would have been screwed over.

so thanks, and keep up the great work, I (and many other people) greatly appreciate it! :)

ShornYeti

• Archived User
0.48.59 Out
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

Wow - impressive response to a serious issue. Wish IBM/Lotus/M$ responded as quickly - would make my job much easier :-)

Thanks, and keep going with the dash, its the best I've used...

nimbles

• Archived User
0.48.59 Out
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

I echo widget01's sentiments- thank you very much for the very fast bugfixes-

i got into uni oblivious to the fact that 0.48.5 had come out and i'm still here and .59 is already out

I know its scant consolation to those who have hosed their xboxes with the eeprom issue. I think alot of people don't fully realise the the beta stage of any of the homebrew xbox releases and get frustrated when things don't work and i'm sure i'd be pretty aggravted if I was in their boat- fortuneately i'm not.

At least this episode has taught me not to be so gungho with installing new releases!

Just out of curiosity why was it that the 4977 x2 bios was enabled to boot without the eeprom and how come that feature was taken out for the next releases? Is it a feature that can be enabled/disabled with the newer bios's in something like xbtool?

Anyway thanks to the whole avalaunch team for their tireless work on their development what i still think is the best dash around- the last couple of days can't have been too easy

This post has been edited by nimbles: Feb 9 2004, 06:24 PM

Thraxen

• Archived User
0.48.59 Out
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

Great!  Although I had no problems at all with 0.48.55, I was still a bit nervous about launching games.  So this is good news indeed.  I'm new to Avalaunch, so I will be updating tonight and begin using it as my primary dash.  Thanks!

Tacheon27

• Archived User
0.48.59 Out
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

Joker,

Thanks for the quick update...
  Hey we need to see if we can get Team-X to write a Mod Bios that can prevent TSOP writes. It would not take much for someone to write some malicious code that would trash all those TSOP moded Xbox's.

Regards,

Tach