xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: In Game Reset For Avalaunch...  (Read 52 times)

Firebringer

• Archived User
In Game Reset For Avalaunch...
« on: January 04, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »

Someone's probobly already discovered this but, I thought i would let people know just in case.
I have had my xbox since the start of the year running evox 1.whatever and I decided to change to avalaunch despite its no IGR. I used the method of renaming the evoxdash to just evox and putting the avalaunch.xbe as evoxdash
I then discovered that the IGR from evox still works but takes me back to avalaunch.
I'm not sure if it is my bios because that is pretty old, I just thought this could help some people if they install avaluanch and keep evox.

Anyway, ciao
-Fb

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

No, Avalaunch did not "catch" EvoX's IGR.  IGR has been in BIOSes for a long time (over a year), so it's painfully more likely that your BIOS has IGR as a feature...

Firebringer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »

laugh.gif
REALLY lucky smile.gif
thanks
-Fb

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »

yupp, proper bioses for more than a year have had IGR =)  In fact, didn't bioses have IGR before evox ?

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 08:46:00 AM »

i think bios IGR and evo-x IGR came out at about the same time, and i think the first bios to use IGR was the one that shipped on xecuter2 lites before they started shipping them with cromwell. i belive its xecuter 4972 or x-ecuter 4973

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »

smile.gif

Jsmith

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2004, 06:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Jan 5 2004, 02:48 PM)
bios IGR was first by atleast a month or so..

Even more so.  At least 3 months...but maybe even more.  I know cause I was bitching for a long time about how my bios wasn't flashable and how bad I wanted IGR.  Then all of the sudden one day, it magically appeared in Evox.  Then 2 weeks later I had to disable it cause it sucked ass.  

Time went by.  Winters turned to Summers, and Summers to Fall.  When one day along skips PBL.  The rest is blissful history.

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 12:17:00 AM »

yea, I think you guys are right.  if I even recall correctly, evox even claimed that team Xecuter "stole" their idea as well...

floink

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

smile.gif

no not really but I just wanted to push for a possible bugfix of the remote support smile.gif this is still the ONLY reason why i still have to put up with EvoX as my dash.

/floink