xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Futurama Fails To Run From Hdd  (Read 79 times)

rkat

• Archived User
Futurama Fails To Run From Hdd
« on: July 17, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »

Hi,
just purchased the PAL version of Futurama for half of a full price game. Since I really hate the noise of my XBox DVD drive, I copied the game to my HDD, using dvd2xbox 0.58.
But when I try to run the game from HDD, the screen goes black and nothing happens. The game works when run from DVD. There was no error message when copying the DVD.

I tried it a several times, finally without any ACL processing, to see if ACLs work (it's the first time I used the new dvd2xbox with acls, since I have just a few (older) games. All (!) original, if anyone cares. Well, I do.) Ok - then I used dvd2xbox to process the ACLs. At least it did make a copy of the default.xbe, as stated in the ACL file. So it _seems_ to me, that the ACL processing worked (at least partially). However, the game still won't run from HDD. - Any helpful advices?

muell67

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »

Im not sure if im any help but I just copied the us version of futurama to my hard drive and it seems to work fine.

rkat

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 04:20:00 AM »

Solved!
It works with an upgraded dashboard boot-disk (I do use a boot disk to run games from hdd)

Karoi

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

Can u tell me where i can download DVD2XBOX 0.58? I need it because i need 2 patch some of my games with ACL files....

Greetz

drgreenchicken

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

Karoi

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 03:13:00 AM »

Aigyt, I'll give it a try.... THNX....

BTW: How is my english?