xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ftp Through The Internet  (Read 47 times)

rob1309

• Recovered User
Ftp Through The Internet
« on: November 04, 2003, 02:54:00 PM »

can't ya just map xbox as network drive that's shared over net?

Ruxton

• Archived User
Ftp Through The Internet
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 03:56:00 PM »

T0kEnHeRb is spot on, all you need to do is forward a port on your router to the ftp port on your xbox and people by rights should be able to log into your xbox over the net, i havent tried this yet  cos i've not had a reason to bother but by all rights it should work.

the joker

• Archived User
Ftp Through The Internet
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 03:45:00 AM »

worked fine here.
only problem is that the progress screen is updating for every 6th mb (?) or so - meaning it can take a few seconds before you see any life.  Its being taken care of tho.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Ftp Through The Internet
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 07:25:00 AM »

little piece of advice from an evil prick (when i want to be)

i would NOT open your xbox to the net,, you never know who is out there ftp scanning for xbox's ..  username and password is all the same for everyone unless youve changed it.
might walk away for an hour and come back and your xbox drive has been deleted.

LEDHaywire

• Archived User
Ftp Through The Internet
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 10:38:00 AM »

T0kEnHeRb is spot on, all you need to do is forward a port on your router to the ftp port on your xbox and people by rights should be able to log into your xbox over the net, i havent tried this yet cos i've not had a reason to bother but by all rights it should work.

what the hell is "people by rights", if i wanted to i could see all the files on your computer right now if i had the necessary tools without asking for your permission

You are highly emphasizing the word "rights"....do you also say "Me,Myself,Personally" at the same time in a sentence?