xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What I'm Waiting For...  (Read 54 times)

fizgig10

• Archived User
What I'm Waiting For...
« on: October 17, 2003, 11:39:00 AM »

I don't recall this being discussed earlier but the feature I'm missing the most is having statistics shown on the main screen like evo does.  Temps, space free, BIOS version...stuff like that.

As soon as that stuff is implemented and a decent skin comes out, I'm onboard!

If it can already be done forgive my ignorance.

rob1309

• Recovered User
What I'm Waiting For...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 01:19:00 PM »

i'm not sure why exactly you would want that on main screen
temps are available in settings which is good enough
hdd space is available in ftp and file manager which is good enough
if on main screen, it just makes it less appealing to eyes
i mean how often do u "need" to see temps?...
hdd space would be aight i guess but all ya gotta do is go into file manager when u connect to ftp, it updates in real time

EDIT: maybe some people like it more complex and cluttered but not me, i rather it look better and have to goto settings for temps

fizgig10

• Archived User
What I'm Waiting For...
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 01:28:00 PM »

Fair Point

I guess I like the idea of a dashboard with gauges, numbers and stuff.  Let's me know everything I need to know at a glance.  There are some neat backgrounds that incorporate all the information in a real slick manner and I've grown accustomed to having that info right at bootup.

I'm sure if I started with Avalaunch and then saw Evo a year later I'd be the opposite.

zerowizard

• Recovered User
What I'm Waiting For...
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 01:42:00 PM »

i like having the temps in the settings because it shows a graph/chart thingy of the temp. Its great.

rob1309

• Recovered User
What I'm Waiting For...
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (fizgig10 @ Oct 17 2003, 04:28 PM)
Fair Point

I guess I like the idea of a dashboard with gauges, numbers and stuff.  Let's me know everything I need to know at a glance.  There are some neat backgrounds that incorporate all the information in a real slick manner and I've grown accustomed to having that info right at bootup.

I'm sure if I started with Avalaunch and then saw Evo a year later I'd be the opposite.

yea it was kinda weird when i switch over from evox but i sure am glad i did

fizgig10

• Archived User
What I'm Waiting For...
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 10:57:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

hydraulix

• Archived User
What I'm Waiting For...
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2003, 11:16:00 AM »

and we already have a few skins for avalaunch, im trying to make more and get more skinners out there to submit thier skins to xboxdojo.com. check it out. avalaunch already destroys any dash out there without stats on the main screen.

Pobbe

• Archived User
What I'm Waiting For...
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2003, 02:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (hydraulix @ Oct 18 2003, 09:16 PM)
and we already have a few skins for avalaunch, im trying to make more and get more skinners out there to submit thier skins to xboxdojo.com. check it out. avalaunch already destroys any dash out there without stats on the main screen.

Wow man, kickass site, great to see another skin site now that axs is down. Too bad there isnĀ“t more skins on it atm. And I love the design of the site. Great work!