xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bugreports 0.48  (Read 204 times)

the joker

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« on: October 15, 2003, 02:58:00 PM »

post 0.48 bugs here

we will need to know :

*what bios are you running?
*where is it run from ( if it's the dashboard)?
*is ava the dash?

And btw, if you dont have a large disk dont use LBA48.
LBA48 is meant for 120 gb + disks.
Dont work on 8 gb disk atm.

MrZaZ

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 07:39:00 AM »

The internal FTP-server in Avalaunch v0.48 does not work so well when deleting folders.

* BIOS = Xecuter2 4977
* Run as application from EvoX Dashboard.
* Ava is NOT the Dash. (yet)
* Not using LBA48 (having a 120Gb disk)

If you try to delete a folder that has contents in it, it will not try to delete the subcontent
but just stop.

This is how Avalaunch handles it:

RMD test2
550 Something got screwed up, unable to delete this directory.
DELE test2
250 File killed.
Get directory
PORT 192,168,120,100,5,179
200 Connected to port
LIST -la
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
Download
Waiting for server...
226 Transfer complete.

BUT, the folder/files is NOT deleted and all the subcontents is not deleted.

Here is how the FTP in EvoX Dashboard handles it. (the correct way)

RMD test2
553 Requested action not taken.
DELE test2
553 Requested action not taken.
CWD test2
250 "/E/Apps/test/test2/" is current directory.
Get directory
PORT 192,168,120,100,5,186
200 Port command ok.
LIST -la
150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /E/Apps/test/test2/.
Download
Waiting for server...
226 free disk space under this directory : 1.227.161.600
DELE dvdshrink30beta5.zip
250 Requested file action ok.
Deleted (2003-10-29 17:18:04): ftp://192.168.120.80/E/Apps/test/test2//d...rink30beta5.zip
CWD /E/Apps/test/
250 "/E/Apps/test/" is current directory.
RMD test2
250 Requested file action ok.
Get directory
PORT 192,168,120,100,5,187
200 Port command ok.
LIST -la
150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /E/Apps/test/.
Download
Waiting for server...
226 free disk space under this directory : 1.227.456.512

It's a bit anoying when you want to delete a folder with many subfolders/files and you can't do it.
(very timeconsuming to go into every single folder and delete files)

Also found a problem that is partly FTP-client problem but easier to correct in FTP-server.
Some FTP-clients (like CuteFTP Pro 3.2) does not like the naming of Drives used by Avalaunch FTP.

Example AvalaunchFTP: (non working)
COMMAND:>   PORT 192,168,120,100,5,193
      200 Connected to port
COMMAND:>   LIST
      150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
      226 Transfer complete.
COMMAND:>   CWD /E: ( 1170 MB free )
      550 CWD command failed: "E"
ERROR:>      Requested action not taken (e.g., file or directory not found, no access).

Example EvoXFTP (working):
COMMAND:>   PORT 192,168,120,100,5,195
      200 Port command ok.
      150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /.
      226 Transfer finished successfully. Data connection closed.
COMMAND:>   CWD /E
      250 "/E/" is current directory.
COMMAND:>   PORT 192,168,120,100,5,196
      200 Port command ok.
      150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /E/.
      226 free disk space under this directory : 1.227.145.216

As I said, this is not just FTPserver but also the client that is bad in interpret the info from the FTP.
(Have seen this behaviour on other clients as well, but also clients that has handled it correctly (TotalCommander 5.51))

Best regards
MrZaZ

ThreeEyedFish

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 12:04:00 PM »

edit: ** Just saw your post saying it's fixed 0.48.1 - Sorry **

When launching a game AVA switches to the "Loading..." screen, LED changes to the "busy" color and the box freezes in this phase.
This happens almost always.
Newsfeed and APOD are working fine (the bug remains when they're disabled).

Xbox v1.1 PAL + Adv. AV Pack
X2 4976.02
AVA v0.48  is located on C: and run from Evox 3752 (only due to this bug)
Not using LBA48 (80GB Drive)

DarkCounter

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 02:52:00 AM »

2. after Up or download with Ftp, The Reboot didnt work

Already mentioned in the first post...

3. I cant implement the Backround Sounds

Either you use mp3s on your Xbox HDD. Then u have to enter the correct path to the directory in your avalaunch.xml. Or u want shoutcaststreams. Then u only have to press the left thumbstick while mp3-playback is disabled.

3. Im still looking for an IGR

Avalaunch has no IGR integrated. It is recommended to use the Xecuter2 Bios instead, which can be found in the usual places.

ylsf

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 10:47:00 AM »

Using Avalaunch .48 as my dash... another (sortof) bug with the remote control it seems.

I have a RCA VCR (Proscan actually) and it is a real pain because I guess the xbox remote uses RCA codes.  In other programs I don't seem to have any problems with the xbox actually crashing (although things move around some times on the menus even when I don't want them to).  For some reason, in Avalaunch, when I press the play button on my VCR remote, it crashes my xbox when I have avalaunch open.  Not sure if I can do anything about this or if there is a work around.  I haven't messed around with the other codes.  Not sure what the "play" button code is suppose to do (i.e. it doesn't seem to correspond to the play button on my xbox dvd remote since that does not crash my xbox with avalaunch running).

Any suggestions?

Edit : Bios x2 4277

I checked in evox just to make sure I don't get the same error.  No crashing there with the play button (although the fast forward and rewind buttons do cause the menu selector to move, these buttons do not have an effect in Avalaunch).

Another thing.. When the APOD is a moving JPG it causes the normal skin background to load.  I was wondering why I wasn't getting the APOD working the other day, when I went to the APOD website I noticed it was a moving jpg (on the lunar eclipse).  Don't know if there is a way to set it up to display the previous days (or random) picture on those days only.

freakboy9

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »

Not sure if this is known:

For kicks I filled my MP3 background music folder with .WMA files (Windows Media).

2/3 of the times on boot up it will start playing music then hang at the XBox screen before Ava even finishes loading.
Once you get get in, turn it off and its ok.

EDIT:  version 0.48 /w Evox M7.

Ruxton

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 06:34:00 PM »

Evo-XM6 & Avalaunch 0.48

Sometimes when copying big files around locally CDR->HDD avalaunch file manager seems to be fucking up, basically the file continues to copy beyond the file size.   say the file is 799,000,00 bytes it may continue to copy the disc all the way through to 1.5gb.

The only way to stop this is for me to turn the box off and back on.. upon turning the box back on and checking out the file, I am greeted by a file which is not even 799,000,000 bytes..

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 08:55:00 PM »

ava locks while loading game if you dont let it sit for a few seconds after it first loads, i usually wait till the news feed starts before going into games, or else it will sit with the red led and never switch back to blue :/

hopefuilly this gets fixed soon, it bugs me

vmehta211

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2003, 04:34:00 PM »

When I use avalaunch I cannot see all the cache files in my x,y, or z drives.  However, when I use EvoX I can see the cache files so I do know that they are there.  I can see the Avalaunch cache files like newfeed.xml but I cannot see the cache files that various games have used in those drives.  I want to be able to view these files so I can use the various Halo hacks.

edit:  Also, when I try to view my memory card through flashfxp I do not see it mounted.  However, when I switch over to EvoX I see it's mounted as the I: drive in this case.  I do not know if this is an issue in how your FTP server works or how you guys mount drives or if it's something I am doing wrong.

vmehta211

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2003, 04:36:00 PM »

double post

sorry

KiLaHuRtZ

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2003, 08:58:00 PM »

sometimes when FTP'ing many files that span over many gigs at the same time the transfer will randomly hang and avalaunch locks up, you have to let your xbox sit for a few seconds before powering back on otherwise it will give an hdd error.  

x2 4977
v1.2
samsung
ava0.48

BubbaFatAss

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2003, 11:00:00 AM »

I've found a bug in Ava 0.48 - unsure whether it's been mentioned before, if so feel free to delete this post.

I'm running Ava 0.48 as the main dash (c:evoxdash.xbe) on an xbox 1.3 with an x2.2lite chip.  Just installed Gentoox to play with, and have mostly been using it for samba.  I decided that I might as well use the bios bank switch on the x2.2lite to switch between my usual bios (X2 4977) and Stardust, the Gentoox customised version of cromwell.  At the same time I figured I might as well upgrade to the latest X2 bios, with Focus video support, so I could swap flash a friends new xbox with this onto his new chip.  Flashed the bios (i chose F drive takes all) and ava crashed whenever launching an app (busy led went back to normal, then crashed).  Figured it must be problems with this bios' integrated LBA48, so decided to go back to a 4977, 4977, Stardust, Stardust bios layout.  Ava had messed up the time settings, so re-set the clock and booted off an evox boot cd and flashed the chip.  Still wouldn't work, so re-flashed with just 4977 after changing clock and it worked fine!  Dunno what's up with this, but I was really hoping to make it so I can just flip the modchip switch and boot into linux.

In summary:
Known points: No Quickstart (not wanting to rub it in, just confirm I also have this problem)
New points: Problems with multi bios images in one chip
Configuration: UK PAL Xbox v1.3, Ava 0.48 as main dash (c:evoxdash.xbe), X2 4977 bios & Stardust Bios

Nightshad3

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2003, 09:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (mlorr @ Nov 21 2003, 12:35 AM)
Not 100% sure if this issue has been covered previously in this thread, but I figured I can atleast post the details of my configuration.

Essentially, Avalaunch 0.48 hangs/locks up anytime I try to run another program (be it a game backed up to the HD, or any other app, ie: a different dashboard, XBMC, DVD2Xbox, etc..)  However if I set Evox as my dash, everything runs properly.

Xbox 1.0
Xecuter 2.2 Pro
X2 4977 bios
Avalaunch set as dash
120 GB HD

I prefer the look and feel of Avalaunch, so I'd be grateful if someone knew how to make it work, or perhaps something to try?

Same here, thinking of switching back to EvoX because of the frequency of occurance.

Also Box freezes when I try to stream music from internet and won't access Mirc channels without freezing.

XbX Ver. 1.1
160 gig hard drive

I will edit the other info in a bit

Realm Lord

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2003, 11:52:00 AM »

Xbox 1.0 - AppleX v3 modchip, 4979.06, customized to boot from large F: drive (160gb).
Avalaunch oten freezes at the Xecuter 2  text on boot and I hear the HD making noises (Maxtor  DiamondMax Plus, 160gb, 8mb buffer).

Sometimes it won't boot for 10 times, then it will boot 5 times in a row.

Evolution-X doesn't appear to ever freeze like that.

Default_002

• Archived User
Bugreports 0.48
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2003, 07:40:00 PM »

Realm Lord

I have the exact same problem. My xbox will freeze at the Xecuter2 Bios loading screen. It seems like a random thing (like u said)? When i run evox (or any other dash for that matter) i have no problems. Could someone in avalaunch please tell me whats wrong, i just extremely annoying when you have to sit next to your xbox and turn it on and off manually 10+ times to get past the bios screen and get to the dash. Help is appreiciated. Thanks
Pages: [1] 2