xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Really Odd Problem  (Read 65 times)

WisdomWolf

• Archived User
Really Odd Problem
« on: August 17, 2003, 02:18:00 PM »

Alright I used ftp to make Avalaunch my main dashboard last night.  All was working good except that I didn't like it auto-launching things, so I decided to edit the xml.  I loaded up gentoox and copied the xml over to e to edit it.  After editing the xml I copied it back to the C drive so the settings would take effect.  Then I shutdown the xbox from a konsole in gentoox and turned it back on.  All I got was a black screen!

Ok so I figured i goofed on some settings or something.  So i popped an evox cd in the drive and ftp'd the original xml back over.  Still a black screen!

I tried going back to evox and then overwriting again, but I couldn't make it work.  Then I realized I was using 4976.02 and that the unofficial manual suggested 4977.  So i went ahead and used evox to flash the new bios and then attempted a reinstall of avalaunch.  Still nothing!!!

So I finally decided to just try booting it from CD, it booted fine!  So i copied the files from the cd, deleted evoxdash.xbe and renamed the xbe from the cd accordingly.  Still got a black screen unless the cd was in the drive!

Here's the weird part when I use the filemanager (after loading from the CD) to boot the evoxdash.xbe it loads avalaunch and retains any settings that I change.  So I am guessing that my bios is trying to load something else since I have confirmed that the xbe is correct is working.  Any ideas as to what is going on?

BTW: this is all on a v1.0 with a flashed TSOP xecuter 4977.

WisdomWolf

• Archived User
Really Odd Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 07:48:00 PM »

Well I got the problem solved.  I went ahead and replaced every xbe that is in the "C:" directory with the avalaunch xbe.  I am not sure what went wrong, but after editing the xml on the computer and ftping it back to the xbox I found there was no problem.  So is there so kind of a compatibility issue between gentoox and avalaunch?  I am gonna try out the stardust release if that is the case!  Anyways now that it works avalaunch is awesome...now if only I could read the damned onscreen keyboards!