xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Remote Control  (Read 68 times)

jessez

• Archived User
Remote Control
« on: January 10, 2004, 12:42:00 AM »

im running .48.4 and if i hit the down key one its holds it for five or 6 strokes it seems rendering my new remote useless. oh well.

ultrabrutal

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 01:18:00 AM »

I have same problem with my cordless logitech controller as with the remote....

thejt

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »

I can tell you that messing with sensitivity isnt gonna do jack for you but give you extra time to push select.  Also you guys who say you have the original m$ remote actually have the 2nd gen m$ remote if your having this same problem.  The actual first gen m$ remote works just dandy with ava.   There are no visual difference between the new and old m$ dongles without opening the unit to see that the old one has three large chips and the new one has one very small chip.

I just got done re-hard-wiring a original one into my xbox in replacement for the newer one cause I couldnt wait for it to be fixed.  Its all good now!

Please ava team.. fix this.   I will send you one of my pre-wired hard wired new m$ remotes if you need one.

Bulan

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 10:42:00 AM »

Sneak a Peek inside XBMP, latest CVS build of that app woks fine w the 2nd Gen of MS Remote... But then again because of GPL or something like that, maybe u can't?

anyhow I too wanna see it fixed since I am 1 of those w 2nd Remote

admiralj

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

what classifies 1st gen remote vs 2nd gen? i bought my remote about a month after the us launch date, and am having the same issues as the rest of us in here.

feight

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 04:57:00 AM »

Same issue with my remote, don't know what version of the remote I have, but I bought it with my xbox and the xbox is a v1.0, didn't try using it with the controller plugged in though.

thepurpledino

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »

I have to say..I'm also very impressed with the new version of AVA... I never used Evox, I was using XBMP as my dash..

now I've switched to AVA and loaded XBMC for my media needs.

After reading this thread.. I tried both my remotes on Avalaunch and I'm happy to report that is seems to work fine.

the 1st remote is the M$ one that came with the DVD Pack. The other is the Philips Pronto remote I use for my entertainment center. I programed this remote using the M$ remote, so it should be exactly the same.

I did not have to edit the xml file at all... everything is at the defaults

MiniRX7

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »

Okay

this sucks, avalaunch looked like such a promising dashboard, but it doesnt work with my remote..

Its skipping by 5 items.. its like pressed teh remote 5 times.  I am using 48.4 build.

I really wanted avalaunch to use in my car.. but i guess evo X for me.  But man that AVALAUNCH IS AWESOME!

ED

^Blazed^

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2003, 02:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (hanspech @ Aug 17 2003, 11:09 AM)
hello,

i switched from evox to avalaunch a week ago and i have to say: it's awesome!

with the evox dashboard i had a lot of problems with xbmp. i installed and configured avalaunch and my problems are solved. i think the developers did a great job. please continue working on avalaunch to push it forward.

but with avalaunch i have a little problem, too.
i like to use a remote control to handle my xbox, so i bought this one: Brooklyn DVD Multi Control

if i try to control avalaunch with this control, it end up in a total mess. it's like i put all the time the funktion-button (the green "A" button on the controller"). it's impossible browse to the menu and select a entry. immediately after reaching a submenu the first entry will be executed. after that it's not longer possible to control anythink. it's like a loop that pushes very fast the funktion button.

i hope you can give me a small advice.
greetz
hans

You might wanna try to change the sensitivity of the ir-remote in Avalaunch.

<ir-remote sensitivity="350"/>

Try to adjust that number.

smile.gif

zordon

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2003, 09:00:00 AM »

I have the same problem with original MS control.

hanspech

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »

ok,
I have the same problem with original MS control.

now i can be sure it's not a problem of my "3rd party" - hardware. i don't think it's broken because in other programs i.e. evox and xbmp it works without any problems.

i realy hope the avalaunch team has a solution for this problem, because obviously there are more people havin' trouble with that.

greetz
hans

spid

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2003, 01:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (hanspech @ Aug 17 2003, 03:01 PM)
thank you for your help. i tried following settings:

on every setting i had the same problem as with the default value.

greetz
hans

Why not try lowering the setting? 230 is default in my xml... try that or go even lower

CraiZEAH

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2003, 11:13:00 PM »

Well this is a bug, i have the same problem. Sometimes it moves twice instead of once, which can be pretty bad. I got the MS one aswell.

And setting it lower is the latency between you pressed and next time you can press.
So lowerring it would most probably result in it happening earlier. But as i press quick
once on it and it still does it. its a bug to me biggrin.gif

hanspech

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2003, 08:13:00 AM »

hi,

the problem with the remote controll exists also in the version 0.47.3

greetz
hans

chevrix

• Archived User
Remote Control
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2003, 06:40:00 AM »

Same problem here with original ms remote.
Pages: [1] 2