xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch Install Cd  (Read 130 times)

Totalled

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« on: June 17, 2003, 01:49:00 AM »

Like the title says would it be possible to make an Install CD like Slayers EVO-X one?

Would deffinatly make Avalaunch more accessible to a wider audience of new users.

Plus it would make us modders life alot easier ie put in the disc scroll down to install and voila a completly set up xbox with avalaunch as the centre!

^Blazed^

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 03:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (Totalled @ Jun 17 2003, 10:49 AM)
Like the title says would it be possible to make an Install CD like Slayers EVO-X one?

Would deffinatly make Avalaunch more accessible to a wider audience of new users.

Plus it would make us modders life alot easier ie put in the disc scroll down to install and voila a completly set up xbox with avalaunch as the centre!

We are thinking about such things, but we haven't decided for when to prioritise it really.

We know how to prepare and format drives, so an easy install feature wouldn't be that far fetched.

laugh.gif

- AVA Team

the joker

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 04:38:00 AM »

all about allocating time.

Totalled

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 01:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (moxieman1 @ Jun 17 2003, 08:35 PM)
That would be great, I think alot of people use evolution X only because of Slayers

Thats exactly what i mean.

When it gets down to it EvoX is a great dash but very basic unless someone has made a fantastic skin with the wallpaper having specail areas for its detail sections. With this it is just a simply menu.

Avalaunch does this so much better and from the looks of things with a new skinning engine in the works it can only look even better yet.

Plus an installer although not high on the teams list of tasks would deffinatly help make them noticed alot more by the newbies and others

the joker

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 01:13:00 AM »

true, but we'll fix it when avalaunch is newbie friendly ;-)   atm it would just cause a lot of problems to have new people using it I think.
It will come tho.  already in 0.47 I've added SITE FORMAT (driveletter):    but install-cd is a bit different.  need to write the partitiontable as well, which is far from complicated.  

I might need it myself soon tho, so it could be something that will be speeded up.

insertjokehere

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 10:47:00 AM »

I think it is possible to use evox as the frontend for the installer, just get the slayers evox installer, edit the ini and directory structure a little and there you go. You can make the installer only copy the avalaunch stuff and not evox, if you make the filenames right you can make the evox intstaller partittion and copy the files, the ini for evox determines what is copied, just make avalaunch primary and evox can be copied as well, just secondary

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 12:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (insertjokehere @ Jun 18 2003, 07:47 PM)
I think it is possible to use evox as the frontend for the installer, just get the slayers evox installer, edit the ini and directory structure a little and there you go. You can make the installer only copy the avalaunch stuff and not evox, if you make the filenames right you can make the evox intstaller partittion and copy the files, the ini for evox determines what is copied, just make avalaunch primary and evox can be copied as well, just secondary

That would be quite ironic, using evo-x as its own self destruct button lol...you would have to get slayers permission too...and by the sounds of it the ava crew want to do everything themselves so i doubt they will use this.

the joker

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 12:52:00 AM »

we want to enter the day where we can use our tool only to have a complete tool-kit for the xbox.

insertjokehere

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2003, 11:16:00 PM »

But if people want an install cd anyway, in the meantime if some people want an installer cd...

you would have to get slayers permission
Not if you get evox from scratch, if you wanted to, you could base the installer on slayers, you dont nee permission, as long as you give credit. The installer could copy evox as well, just secondary to avalaunch.

xionanx

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2003, 03:27:00 AM »

You know it sucks when you see a topic and you have an answer just ready to type out, then you start reading the posts and BAM!!!  Someone has beat you!  Ohh well.  Yeah, forget using "slayers" as a base.  Just make your own, it's not that difficult.  I made my own install cd when I first got my mod-chip, knowing nothing more then a little info I picked up here and some tutorials,  of course I went thru several CDR's thanks to a few bogus posts dry.gif  on here that said they work before I finally got pissed and drove to wal-mart and bought some CDRW's.  Go figure the first CDRW I burned worked like a dream, and I'm still using it for trouble shooting. biggrin.gif

I might just release my own auto-install cd..  Something that offers you a choice of main dashboads and loads the remainder as apps...   Shouldn't be to difficult.

insertjokehere

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2003, 01:41:00 AM »

Yeah go for it, its not that hard at all

Yeah, forget using "slayers" as a base. Just make your own, it's not that difficult.

I can give you a help but I am a little busy

insertjokehere

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2003, 01:56:00 AM »

i mean honestly, do you really want this forums flooded with slayers type n00bs, asking questions like "how do i upgrade teh [insert generic easy to install xbox program here]? can you make a new ava-installer to do it for me?" people who arent smart enough/cant be bothered installing shit for themselves ARENT the sort of people who should be running alpha software.

Good point

hawgman

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2003, 06:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (xionanx @ Jun 20 2003, 12:27 PM)

I might just release my own auto-install cd..  Something that offers you a choice of main dashboads and loads the remainder as apps...   Shouldn't be to difficult.

I would be interested in a install cd with a choice of dash.  if you or slayer or LJ wants to put one out.  I played around with avalaunch and its pretty cool. with my 120 gig drive the list of games is getting really long and it takes for ever to get to the emulators at the end of the list. And the icons are a bonus.

I know I can ftp the dash and have done that, but having a install cd would be handy setting up boxes for people.

email me or pm me if you make a install disk as described. thanks

xionanx

• Archived User
Avalaunch Install Cd
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2003, 08:30:00 PM »

grr.gif ) a new online business venture of mine, on top of that I try to find time to spend with my girlfriend, work my normal job, commute over 2 hours a day, sleep, eat, and attempt to stay awake to play tabletop on the weekends..

edit:

Didn't think to ask but exactly what would people want in this.  I was assuming just a choice of AVA and EVOX and the latest bios's to flash your chip.  But that realy isn't a "choice" now is it?  I suppose I should set it up with all the other dashboards as well...  

Great.. just great...  just got banned from xbins...  does anyone know how long these bans last?  I accidentally downloaded the entire evolution-x folder along with my queue..  Arghh...  oh well, not a problem unless it's permanant, I got everything in my queue before I got banned.