xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 46.2=broken Xbox...possibly  (Read 197 times)

ub312g0d

• Archived User
46.2=broken Xbox...possibly
« on: June 09, 2003, 08:50:00 PM »

I just updated my avalaunch to 0.46.2 with the auto updater from 0.45, the first reset was fine, played some emu's for a while then when i resetted again(on button x2), it freezes as the cube comes at me.  But if i press the eject button twice to turn on the xbox, the cube finishes spinning then freezes.  I have realigned my chip twice now(matrix) to make sure and it is in perfect alignment.  I use x2:4976.02 bios.  0.45 worked great, pls offer suggestions.  And system fully booted with original hard-drive.  Also, if anybody knows a windows tool to be able to view and edit the hard-drive when attached to the computer i could rename my evox so it boots as main.  PLEASE HELP!

Gilrim

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2003, 11:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (ub312g0d @ Jun 10 2003, 05:50 AM)
And system fully booted with original hard-drive.

that's a crash bug during initialisation of ava. it will be fixed, but nah: didn't brake your xbox. all you have to do is to replace the booting xbe with a working one.

now stfu - lame whining is retarded

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 01:25:00 AM »

ava is not capable of breaking an xbox. I've heard this one a few times, and in all cases - it's been a coincidence of something else going wrong at the same time.
Why it doesn't work ?  please check the system and see whats wrong - then let us know so we can fix it.  Will need a tad more detailed report tho.

lucas

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 03:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (bucket61 @ Jun 10 2003, 10:34 PM)
I just tried to update and it wont let me read from dvd rom or boot a dashboard

then you fucked your xbox. avalaunch doesnt kill xboxes, idiots kill xboxes.

ub312g0d

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 04:25:00 AM »

why did I realign the chip? Just to make sure that wasnt the problem. Maybe somehow it was getting knocked off while loading the bios every time so I just had to make sure it was good.  I'm going to get a cd-rw and try that later 2day and hopefully it works.  I have an identical setup to bucket61, so maybe the combination creates a weird bug perhaps.

Good news that my xbox isnt broke, i hope anywho.

bully

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2003, 05:19:00 AM »

hi there
avalunch done exactly same to my xbox and it was screwed absolutely nothing worked not even able to read cd/dvds, its  sitting under my bed now anyway as ive bought a brand new one much to my delight as it happens cos i got a sammy.anyway its just one of them things where some people get unlucky i spose

p.s shouldnt flame newbies we all gotta start somewhere   cool.gif

ub312g0d

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2003, 01:44:00 PM »

I got a couple of cd-rw's.  Used slayer evox auto-install, and im currently using mxm as a dash.  BUT that is only a very tempory situation, I have not lost faith in avalaunch and will continue to keep it as my primary dash, but for a bit i wont be using the auto-updater.  I did have my .xbe name evoxdash.xbe so maybe there is a bug in the updater currently, but I still love the feel and tools that ava has.  Ty joker and the rest of the ava team for this dash.

ub312g0d

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2003, 07:32:00 PM »

wow lucas, I'l start off by saying thank you for thread craping on my thread.  Second, it amazes me how you call other idiots yet make three posts that helped absolutely nobody because they arent even suggestions, they are just critizing others.  How about next time you make a post, try to not insult somebody.

lucas

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (ub312g0d @ Jun 11 2003, 02:32 PM)
How about next time you make a post, try to not insult somebody.

How about next time you make a post, you try searching for others who have had similar problems with Evox (or any other dashboard for that matter) first?

Morglum

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (lucas @ Jun 11 2003, 06:51 AM)
QUOTE (ub312g0d @ Jun 11 2003, 02:32 PM)
How about next time you make a post, try to not insult somebody.

How about next time you make a post, you try searching for others who have had similar problems with Evox (or any other dashboard for that matter) first?

How about you listen to the newbie and YOU stop being such an arsehole, like he said, if you're not going to help, then STFU and dont post! Well they wernt his exact words but im not as polite as him, dont be such an arse lucas. He was only asking for some help, just remember he's a newbie, theres no need for you and your bullshit answers, try helping someone out once in a while, or do you feel 1337 and allmighty because you rip on newbies.  dry.gif

bucket61

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2003, 11:37:00 PM »

I finally got my xbox to read cd-rws so i can now fix my box

So i didn't fuck my box

Morglum

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2003, 12:03:00 AM »

tongue.gif  i get quite a few bits of hatemail when i do that too  laugh.gif

ub312g0d

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2003, 04:48:00 AM »

lucas, since when was I flaming ava, did I not say that it is my primary dash. I LOVE AVA! And I was aware that I would be able to use a boot cd-rw to be able to get a different primary dash on temporarily, what I was looking for was a quick fix because I didnt have any cd-rw's on hand.  Lucas, I hope you burn along with the rest of the post flamers from around the world!BURN BABY BURN!

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2003, 04:55:00 AM »

too easy to misunderstand / say things wrong in here =)

bully

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2003, 04:58:00 AM »

it amazes me ive been around since dc emulation started and everyone was helpful.it seems these days people  are just out there to out do each other rather than helping each other out seeing as were all in this together.
p.s by the way i dont mean everyone there are some really helpful people around here
just irritates me thats all
Pages: [1] 2