xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Avalaunch .46 Major Bug  (Read 141 times)

krazyshane

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« on: June 08, 2003, 09:22:00 PM »

Good News:
First i want to say that you guys are great.. I think that Ava. is by far the best dashboard.  Evox-sitting still rolleyes.gif
MxM- too worried about presentation and not functionality  tongue.gif

i really appreciate what you guys are doing... keep up the good work  biggrin.gif

Bad News:
Avalaunch .46 locks up when you try to load any application/game that does not have an icon...   sad.gif   .45   didn't have this problem, so it shouldn't be hard to fix...  dry.gif

Also, you can change xbe names through the file manager(which i love!!), but if you are just scrolling through your apps and you click start, change xbe title is still grayed out... maybe forgotten? blink.gif

krazyshane

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2003, 09:32:00 PM »

FTP problems:

Good News:

Xbox -> PC  Still works fine...

Bad News:

PC -> Xbox  Every file i try to send using FlashFXP (worked before) fails... sad.gif

Morglum

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2003, 09:54:00 PM »

Well ive not long downloaded it in the hope of totally replacing Evo-X, i cant even get the damn thing to run, been trying for about 20mins now  sad.gif my xbox will only boot upto the X logo then just hang, atleast you're able to boot yours up  sad.gif

krazyshane

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 09:59:00 PM »

have you configured everything correctly...  depending on your BIOS you should have these 3 things in your C drive:

evoxdash.xbe(rename the avalaunch xbe to that)
media folder
avalaunch.xml config file

if all that is done correctly and you have configured your xml correctly, you should boot just fine...

Morglum

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2003, 10:02:00 PM »

Thats exactly how i had it, though one thing ive noticed, in the xml is says something about skins, well when i unpack it there are no skins at all. Im thinking thats causing it.

krazyshane

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »

there's not really an actual skins folder, just in your media folder you should have lots of pictures including avalaunch.jpg  and background.jpg  along with a lot more smaller images.

Morglum

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2003, 10:16:00 PM »

Yup i have all that, bloody stupid thing  sad.gif  I'm gonna go give it another play, see how it goes.

krazyshane

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2003, 10:28:00 PM »

check over your xml file real well, because sometimes one little mistake in that can cause all of avalaunch to bite the dust... good luck man.. sorry it's not working out

Morglum

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2003, 10:30:00 PM »

I got it working, i didnt close off one of the sections, heh ive had it working now 5 mins and ive nuked it already by testing out its update function, which downloads a patch for 0.45  laugh.gif

Other than that it looks nice, now i just gotta set it all up again and not click the update part.

krazyshane

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2003, 10:37:00 PM »

biggrin.gif good for you... glad you got it working.. ENJOY! The xbe name changing capability of the file manager is great.  also... test some of the bugs i was having and see if you still get the same ones.

Morglum

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2003, 10:54:00 PM »

Ok checked you bugs and you're right. If there is no icon for the game/app it will lockup. As for the FTP problem i have no idea, i cant even connect, it just locksup avalaunch every time i try  sad.gif

EDIT: Heh and im getting abit fedup with trying this damned FTP i might have something setup wrong but it can wait for now, im fedup of running from one end of my house to the other to check it  tongue.gif

lucas

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2003, 11:28:00 PM »

yeah, i get the locking up thing if no icon too

i tried using the quicklaunch for the first time and it doesnt seem to work.
CODE

E:\Apps\xbmp

default.xbe

am i missing something?

capninsano

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2003, 11:43:00 PM »

I too get the lock up with no icons. Definately a big bug lol

mxlegend99

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2003, 12:08:00 AM »

Has anyone else had Keyboard problems? I cant get mine working. I have tried with/without controllers. And i tried rebooting, plugging/unplugging etc. but it doesnt work. I dont know how i got it working on 0.45, but i do know it was working perfectly for me..... i dont wanna downgrade though either, this one is really nice biggrin.gif
Upon getting it working, i will replace my fash of Evox with this.... also, i wanna learn howto add a new Main Menu link, so when i do replace evox, i can have a link to it....

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Avalaunch .46 Major Bug
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2003, 12:59:00 AM »

0.46.1 just released
Pages: [1] 2