xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Avalaunch With Ftp  (Read 130 times)

bombzhome

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« on: June 07, 2003, 05:54:00 AM »

I was just wondering if Avalaunch is better with transferring files than evo-x is...with evo-x i get around 850K a sec transferring..its not bad...but im wondering if i could get BETTER with Avalaunch!  biggrin.gif

Th3-0n3

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2003, 06:56:00 AM »

same thing like me niszhe smile.gif

alexkraemer

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2003, 09:32:00 PM »

you people and your slow ftp speeds smile.gif   When I get less than 7-8MB/s I get mad biggrin.gif   The avalaunch ftp server works differently with FlashFXP than the Evox one does.  I found it more difficult to refresh using Avalaunch, but I still like it.

john316

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 04:54:00 AM »

I found Avalaunch to be much faster that Evo-X when FTP'ing to the F partition, however, I couldn't get 46.3 to work with FTP so I'm having to use an older version to get my speedier transfers

mxlegend99

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 05:04:00 AM »

EvoX is the speed king as far as FTP'ing goes. Mine from Xbox to PC is just shy of 12mb/s and from PC to Xbox is 9mb/s or so. But using XBMP its the exact same speeds, so i often will just load up XBMP from Ava, since its what its on by default anyways. THeres no real need for EvoX, with Ava and XBMP on the same system biggrin.gif

bombzhome

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2003, 10:00:00 AM »

wait so u guys upload 9MEGABYTES A SECOND...or MEGABITS...cuz if its MEGABITS...u gotta divide the number of megabits by 8 for it to equal Megabytes or KiloBytes!

mxlegend99

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2003, 04:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (bombzhome @ Jun 21 2003, 07:00 PM)
wait so u guys upload 9MEGABYTES A SECOND...or MEGABITS...cuz if its MEGABITS...u gotta divide the number of megabits by 8 for it to equal Megabytes or KiloBytes!

megabytes......

Anything in the Kb/s means there is something wrong with your setup. IF you FTp from/to your Xbox HDD, it should get atleast 5mb/s or more. With EvoX its 9mb/s one way, 12 the other. And im going through a switch hub, which would slow it down a bit.

But yeah, those speeds are that great, its just all thsoe with 2mb/s and less are bad, theres probably a setting or something holding them back.

john316

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2003, 06:01:00 PM »

Haven't found a change to any different FTP client that improves FTP speeds to the F drive on the Xbox - only running Avalaunch gives any decent speed when uploading to the F partition. Running Evo X, XBMP and MXM all give very similar FTP upload speeds

mxlegend99

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 02:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (ianmalcm @ Jun 22 2003, 05:09 AM)
But yeah, those speeds are that great, its just all thsoe with 2mb/s and less are bad, theres probably a setting or something holding them back.

there are some insane speeds being talked about here.  I'm through a Dlink router and about 75' of cable running to the other end of the house with the xbox. What settings may you be referring to, that would increase my <2mb/s slowness?

yeah yeah, a tech support question. Thanks in advance for any help.

Insane speeds? hardly, there very common, so i think insane is 20mb/s or there abouts, but if i had less than 2mb/s, i guess 12 ish would be pretty sweet LOL.

Settings, well, honestly, im not sure. Mine of hte bat, works fine. I got 2xNIC cards, 1 onboard, which is my xable internet, and 1xPCI which is for my LAN. then theres 2meter cable to the 5-Port Switch Hub, and another 10metres 10 the xbox. In feet, 10meters is rougly 35feet i guess.
Make sure your cable is atleast Cat5, or Cat5e. Have you tried a connection without router?
Umm, check to see if your Network card is set to 100 Full Mode in the Properties, For Duplex. I knwo that has helped some people, although mine is set on auto,a nd it does the job.

bombzhome

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

i was getting 850K a sec when i was xISOFERring something to the xbox and my xbox goes from my computer...to the router...then to a hub..and then to the xbox...! i use WS_FTP Pro edition too!

ampedXR

• Recovered User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 09:58:00 AM »

Im getting about 1200-1500kb/sec and I thought this was normal. Obviously not! I am running it through a linksys 5-port router and using bulletproof ftp with Evox.

After seeing some of the results from you guys, what do you suggest?

I have another NIC in my pc not being used. Should I use that for the xbox link rather than the router? If so how do I go about setting that up! Ive always just used DHCP because of the ease of it, ya know?

bombzhome

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2003, 10:34:00 AM »

someone please reply and help me cuz im about to transfer GenTooX...(3.4GB)!

D3AdMan

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2003, 07:33:00 AM »

pop.gif

Pobbe

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »

Try changing your settings to 100/half duplex, increases the speed pretty much for some ppl!!

bombzhome

• Archived User
Avalaunch With Ftp
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2003, 09:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (Pobbe @ Jun 25 2003, 12:56 PM)
Try changing your settings to 100/half duplex, increases the speed pretty much for some ppl!!

how u do that...?
Pages: [1] 2