xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Evol Vs Avallaunch ...discussed Nicely!  (Read 89 times)

Izrun

• Archived User
Evol Vs Avallaunch ...discussed Nicely!
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2003, 12:14:00 PM »

I definately like Ava the best.  There are many reasons, but the simplest reason is because of the Autolaunch ability.  'm not sure if others have it, but if I need to be able to use another dash for any reason, I just autolaunch into it (as opposed to traveling there through a menu structure like the others make you).  It's quick and easy.  I also love that it can auto-launch the last program you ran.  I tend to run the same thing for a few days then move to something different, so this is great for me.  Finally, I like that the programmers really listen to what we want and are constantly working on improving it.  I, like the idiot I am, check about every day to see if v0.46 will update.  I can't wait till they add the ability to automatically tell me when a new update has been released.

-Izrun

Halfsober

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2003, 01:09:00 PM »

Whats with the irc client and telnet client built into avalaunch? These seem to be more of a niche what is the purpose of including them? Most people won't have any use for them, especially if you have a pc. I just never understood the need to include them into an xbox dash. The autoupdater is pretty cool though.

Its too bad Nexgen has fallen so far behind. It's definately the coolest looking dash IMO.

TwisTz

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (Halfsober @ Jun 2 2003, 10:09 PM)
Whats with the irc client and telnet client built into avalaunch? These seem to be more of a niche what is the purpose of including them? Most people won't have any use for them, especially if you have a pc. I just never understood the need to include them into an xbox dash. The autoupdater is pretty cool though.

Its too bad Nexgen has fallen so far behind. It's definately the coolest looking dash IMO.

I use the inbuilt IRC client, its great.

The more features the better I say  laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Pages: 1 [2]