xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Reliable Is Avalaunch Ftp?  (Read 91 times)

StOnD

• Archived User
How Reliable Is Avalaunch Ftp?
« on: May 19, 2003, 07:05:00 PM »

I plan on FTP'ing everything from my xbox HDD, reformatting and transferring back as a defragging meaure. I've found the PC -> Xbox transfers much faster under avalaunch and I would like to know of anyone has experienced any stability or corruption problems with avalaunch FTP.

ZakMcRofl

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 11:26:00 PM »

Well I got an 1.2 Xbox and what I think is latest version of avalaunch (not sure cause the update procedure always stops responding but file seems to be changed).
For me, the FTP is very unstable, for uploading as well as for downloading. Maybe I just have to wait for a released version that has the FTP fix in it, as autoupdate might not be working for me.
Right now I still need to load evox in order to do proper file transfers...

Gilrim

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 11:40:00 PM »

the ftp module in ava is rock solid. The problem is in fatx3. if your transferring files with >42 chars or illegal chars it'll create a entry in the fileDB for it, and allow you to ul/dl. if you try retransferring that file it'll create a new entry - altho there's already oen there with it...

anyways this'll be fixed, but AVA is still Alpha... Not production stable

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 12:58:00 AM »

The FTP has some minor issues seen from a users point of view. but that's because the first lines of FATX3 was written yesterday. The server itself is stable and fine, but fatx2 was a project that had to be stopped because the idea fatx2 was buildt on couldn't work, far too limited.

-team avalaunch