xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do You Get It To Recognize An "unknown" App  (Read 86 times)

Chanibus

• Archived User
How Do You Get It To Recognize An "unknown" App
« on: April 28, 2003, 01:59:00 PM »

It's not labeling my Confi Magic Final but it'll do all the rest of my apps, it just says "unknown", it's bugging me...I'll have to look again, but there's not an .ini file like evo I can just adjust is there?

magicman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 05:23:00 PM »

I think you need to look for a program called xberenamer dont know if thats what its called or what but this will let you rename the xbe files name to whatever you want.

>lys<

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 10:32:00 PM »

I think you need to look for a program called xberenamer dont know if thats what its called or what but this will let you rename the xbe files name to whatever you want.

This is not really our fault. It looks like homebrew authors forget (or don't know how) to set the XBE name. The XBE format says you have to set the title, so these apps aren't complying with the rules...

That said, there *will* be a feature in avalaunch to rename the XBE's, much like XBERenamer.

CapnCrunch

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2003, 11:40:00 AM »

This is a thing I also noticed with Nexgen, all my apps and homebrew show with their correct names in EvolutionX but not in Avalaunch/Nexgen. Why is that?

BTW, love your Dash, kicks a-hole and It's just an early Beta. Love the little 3d anim in the new release!