xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Stacey Jones Rugby League  (Read 1002 times)

TheSly

• Archived User
Stacey Jones Rugby League
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 03:04:00 AM »

Man!  Can't beleive you already have it released over there.  Here in Australia we are waiting till Friday - dying to play this one though smile.gif

As for your problems, relinking can be a problem sometimes....downgrading the video would be the best option if you can, or if the video is not important, choose a small video, and after you delete a few big named ones, copy and paste the small one into their location, and rename it to the big ones name.  Then the files will be there, but simply play the same video when they are accessed.  I've done this with other games and it works well.

Gl smile.gif

nufan

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »

thanks guys. The game folder has 5 movie folders. But each of the folders have exactly the same content (folders are called movie0 - movie4)

so in one of the folders i just replaced 3 of the movies with the intro movie (which was alot smaller) and renamed them to the original movie name. This made it small enough to burn to dvdr. The game works fine so thats good, im just not too sure whats gonna happen when those movies come to be played (they are unlockable movies). Im not sure if the movies will play fine due to them being present in the other 'movie' folders or it will play the intro movie that i relinked to.

anyways thanks for the help, worked fine smile.gif the game itself is pretty cool.

Phoenix666

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »

Yep, I've noticed the 35 long files also.

I'm gonna have a go & renaming & re-linking the files tonight & will post my results.

I used dvd2xbox which said in its log that it renamed 35 files but obviously was unable to re-link or something similar in the xbe as when I boot I get a hint of the starting screen & then the dreaded DDE message.

WISO - can you clarify how the file renaming works in dvd2xbox?

doogiehowser_md

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2003, 01:51:00 PM »

Awesome game!
I replaced thecoolbehindthescenesstarringthesidhestaff.xmv with copies of the rlintro.xmv renamed and burnt to dvd. It worked but I find it loads heaps slower than the original anyone else find that?

Phoenix666

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2003, 02:45:00 PM »

Slower loading in my short experience could be related to 3 things:

1. Dodgy DVD-ROM drive (Likely Thomson)
2. DVD media that your ROM doesn't like
3. Not creating an XBOX ISO before burning (i.e. burning in UDF , file mode)

gords

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »

I have this game and just ripped it over to my hdd.
There are 5 movies folder which all contain the exact same movies (confirmed by file comparing each one) you can just delete the folders and leave movie0, which cuts it down to 1.37gig.
Does anyone know how to relink the iso so that it points to the same files in 5 places? I have done this in the case of a ps2 iso but never tried with xbox.

indecisve

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2003, 10:34:00 PM »

I take it the files ar ein dir movie0, movie1, etc, etc?

open the xbe in the file editor and search for those dirs changing movie1 to movie0 etc.

if movie1 doesnt exist... they are probabaly "fake" files.. only there to make it dvd9.

nufan

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2003, 11:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (gords @ Dec 10 2003, 04:37 PM)
I have this game and just ripped it over to my hdd.
There are 5 movies folder which all contain the exact same movies (confirmed by file comparing each one) you can just delete the folders and leave movie0, which cuts it down to 1.37gig.
Does anyone know how to relink the iso so that it points to the same files in 5 places? I have done this in the case of a ps2 iso but never tried with xbox.

but how did this stop the long file name error?

john3_bo1

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2003, 11:01:00 AM »

hey,
im in NZ and we just got the game this week. When i put stacey jones in my DVD ROM it only shows 1 folder instead of the 5 that u guys describe.
how come it isnt showing all the folders??

doogiehowser_md

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2003, 04:30:00 PM »

Thanks!
I just backed up a copy on dvd that works perfectly I burnt it as an iso and now it loads excellent Thanx mate

Phoenix666

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2003, 06:02:00 PM »

Hi Guys,

I had a look @ the xbe last night & couldn't find any strings relating to those 35 movies files.
I admit I can't hex edit for shite & there must be a way to do it.

I'll have another look tonight but I'm not that hopefull.
Perhaps someone may have better skills than I to tackle this.

kiwi-tim

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2003, 06:02:00 PM »

i used dvd2xbox & it said 35 name changes, & i get the same dirty disc error, if any one knows what to to to get it playing of the HDD that info would be great.

john3_bo1

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2003, 06:53:00 PM »

yeah i have the same error as kiwi-tim, if anyone could help it would be great
cheers

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2003, 07:38:00 PM »

Well it seems 2 be so sort of game protection within NRl. The first i found is most of the files contain heaps long filenames suck as shotsbetweenthegameeelsandcantubury.xmv . This was preventing Boxplorer , pxhdd loader or xbcopy to copy the game over. SO i leaded up ava along with qwix & loaded teh game 2 my comp. it turned out 2 be 4.6 gigs wich is exactly
4,946,919,424 bytes  So i tried burning the iso & kept getting errors. Now i know that we can only burn up 4.37 gigs on a dvd which is 4,700,000,000 bytes.

So i then used ava 2 copy the game over to the xbox hdd seem 2 have copied fine. Came up under games sweet. Execute the xbe loads abit then DDE.

Now im not sure whats wrong but will try 2 work something out if any 1 has any ideas or suggestions on how 2 compress some xmv files ect please let me know.

nufan

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »

at this stage u gonna have to make it smaller and burn it to dvdr (if you have access to one) This is what i did and its working fine.

Apart from that, unless the long files get renamed, and then properly linked in the .xbe (the bit i dunno how to do) then it wont be able to be put on the hdd
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9