xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdtv Skins  (Read 107 times)

onis_uk

• Archived User
Hdtv Skins
« on: October 30, 2005, 05:43:00 AM »

anyone ?? cant anyone point me in the diection to some super high res skins ???!

apocalypsegene

• Archived User
Hdtv Skins
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »

I dunno.  Maybe if you gave it more than a day, someone would respond.  rolleyes.gif

metaldevil

• Archived User
Hdtv Skins
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 10:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(onis_uk @ Oct 29 2005, 04:49 AM)
was wondering if there were any skins out there with some super high res that will make my dash look even better
I don't know about widescreen (maybe 720x480, I'm not sure) because I have a 4:3 HD TV, but as far as I know, 640x480 is the best you're going to get out of Evox. Everything looks nicer in HD, but you won't get a nicer picture than at that resolution. Evox can display smaller and larger pics, but there are disadvantages. A smaller pic will get enlarged and look pixelated while a larger pic will be compressed and look jagged. Not to mention, a large file size will take that skin several seconds longer to load (when choosing from the skins menu). Keep your skin pics at 640x480 JPGs, and you'll be fine. beerchug.gif

QUOTE(onis_uk @ Oct 29 2005, 04:49 AM)
some thing with lots of detail and maybe some movement ??? is this even possible ?
also my current dash is +3935 version is this the latest ??
No, Evox cannot display animated pictures or videos. You'd be better off with UnleashX as it's an all-around better dash. Bar none.

Finally, yes, 3935 is the latest and probably last version, too.