xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Evox Skin Weird Problems, Help Please.  (Read 102 times)

dreaddy

• Archived User
Evox Skin Weird Problems, Help Please.
« on: January 05, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »

grr.gif

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 05:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (Evil Ryu @ Jan 6 2004, 09:08 AM)
I've got an EvoX boot disc that I use to copy everything over to xboxes that I've modifed, and every one of these xboxes won't show the blackbolt_blue skin (although it works perfectly on my xbox - and everything is exactly the same! wtf!). I've also got my boot disc setup to use the blackbolt_red skin, and this never works either.

okay,... I've actually modded a few more machines - but put bigger harddrives into them and for some reason they would show the blackbolt_blue_v4 skin, whereas all the other ones that I've modified (probably 20+ with this problem now) with the original drives won't show the blackbolt_blue_v4 skin. It's the same on every machine. I thought this was pretty weird, as the only difference between these machines is the bigger harddrive (obviously) and the 'Use 'F' Drive' option in the evox.ini file. That's it. Everything else is identical because I copy all the files from the same boot disc for every machine I modify.

I do have to admit however that I never had a chance to scroll through all the skins on these machines with the bigger harddrives that would actually show the blue skin, but I'm sure one of the skins wouldn't have worked (just like on my own machine (which has a bigger drive in it).

Just trying to shed some more light on this topic, as I'm sure I'm not the only one annoyed by this...

*EDIT* - I should have also mentioned that the blackbolt_red_v4 that I use as the skin on the boot disc itself never worked in either machines (the ones with or without the bigger harddrive). It just shows the original EvoX skin.

mark876543

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 04:37:00 AM »

The times that has happened to me, I fixed them all by checcking the path of the jpg file in the .ini file against the actual location where it's stored.  For example, some downloaded skin had a path of /My Skins/.. etc but my actual path was C:..../skins/blackboltxx.jpg or something.  When I corrected the location agree exactly, it worked fine.  When it can't find the file, it goes to the original.  Check your paths for agreement very carefully when you get a sking behaving like that.

r3van

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »

It's definately not just the skin path/ini issues for those that think this is a simple solution..  I can't details of all the skins I've had issues with this, but it varies.  I've also noticed that after loading a couple more skins, I'm having problems with other different skins, and the skins that didnt work started working.

I believe it's an internal EvoX problem, most likely related to the wallpaper cache.  Will try to dig up some useful details and try to come up with a reproducable problem, something that might actually be helpful to the team.

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »

yup,... I also think it's a problem with the EvolutionX dashboard, as I never had this problem until I updated to the latest version (3935).

Blank

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 10:18:00 AM »

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem with the skin "ArcX_v2" with Evolution-X dash 3935. It really pisses me off because I really wanted this skin... *sigh*

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

false alarm fellas...

The more I thought about this, the more I figured it wasn't the problem because it is possible to change the skin, and the ini file does in fact change, therefore it wouldn't be read-only.

But just for the hell of it (because this has annoyed me to no end) I decided to check, and just as I had expected, the evox.ini wasn't marked read-only.

I wonder if it might be something different in the evox.ini file? Maybe someone who hasn't run into this problem (all of their skins work) could post their evox.ini file for us to compare. Just another idea...

styles24

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

The only skin i cant get to work is the Arcx_V2 either. Only one so far tho, all the others i fixed the path on them.

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »

Nope,... still haven't found a solution for this. Each system seems to be different as to which skin it doesn't want to display.

kazpox

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

It seems that it is certain combinations of (semi-corrupt) skins that mess things up.
Try to delete all the skins on your box and then upload e.g. two skins at the time and check if they are all OK.

It worked for me, plus I cleaned up and got rid of the skins that I never use anyway.
At least my favourite skins work now.

This is maybe not the best solution and it would be must nicer to have the (apparent) bug in EvoX fixed.
The presence of one (maybe) corrupt theme shouldn't be able to disrupt the function of the rest of the (good) themes. (If this is the case, that is.)

issues_i3oy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

bump

r3van

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »

I applogize to the team, seems all it really is just an issue with the skin.   I think I have all my skins properly working now, these skin authors just need to be more careful and test there skins better before releasing them on AllXboxSkins...

ArcX_V2 can be fixed by repairing the line and switching

[ArcX_V2] to [Skin_ArcX_V2]

edit: nevermind, seems to have now caused an issue with a skin that was working before, now all of sudden not working.  this problem is really strange I really can't explain it anymore.

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »

I'd still love to see a solution for this. It's obviously some sort of bug with the dashboard. Have we determined that this problem only occurs with the 3935 dash?

issues_i3oy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

Problem exists with 3921 also. I have created a thread in the official EvolutionX Forums. Please go there and help convince them to look into this issue as I feel that it isn't being looked after properly.

armentanzirian

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »

The only skin i cant get to work is the Arcx_V2 either. Only one so far tho, all the others i fixed the path on them.

I use this skin.  What you have to change is first of all add Skin_ to your .ini and second of all change the folder name for this skin to Arcx_v2.  If you do not do both of these things then your skin will not work, or you can just copy my .ini and use that.  I check every skin before I install it and there are always mistakes like that.  If you like a skin a lot and can not get it to work keep the .jpg (s) and use a skin creator to recreate the skin yourself as I did for the AnnaValle skin.  Also why do some skin names show up twice on my xbox list of skins?

Here is the arcx v2 skin.ini and again make sure the folder is ArcX_v2

SkinName "ArcX_v2","ArcX_v2"

[Skin_ArcX_v2]

Text  =   186,147,1.0,0xFFFF80,0,"<CD>"
Text  =   365,147,1.0,0xFFFF80,0,"<IP>"
Text  =   387,218,1.0,0xFFFF80,0,"<Temp2>"
Text  =   159,182,1.0,0xFFFF80,0,"<SpaceE>"
Text  =   155,218,1.0,0xFFFF80,0,"<SpaceF>"
Text  =   243,120,1.0,0x282828,0,"<Time>"
Text  =   371,182,1.0,0xFFFF80,0,"<Temp1>"

LogoType   =   3

Main  =   "\skin\ArcX_v2\arcX v2.jpg"