xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Definitive Guide To Backing Up Etm Inc. Pal  (Read 461 times)

Elpresidente

• Archived User
The Definitive Guide To Backing Up Etm Inc. Pal
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2003, 02:14:00 AM »

all i did was use pxhddloader and copied it to my hd works fine, im using x2 4976.02 i dunno whats wrong with ur copies

Pandoriaantje

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2003, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (Elpresidente @ May 20 2003, 10:14 AM)
all i did was use pxhddloader and copied it to my hd works fine, im using x2 4976.02 i dunno whats wrong with ur copies

Read the other posts, pxhddloader works, but you are still missing 40 files that should be there!

thepsxgod

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2003, 01:15:00 PM »

Have just tried something that means you don't have to change to NTSC mode when running ETM on your XBox HD. The sound is still choppy and out of sync but this method will enable people to play the game who aren't able to run their XBox in full NTSC mode.

Do everything that Blademan says and then, in your ETM folder on your XBox HD;

1) Delete 'trans1.vid' from the Movies dir
2) Make a copy of 'totitle.vid' into another dir
3) Rename the copy of 'totitle.vid' as 'trans1.vid'
4) Move this new 'trans1.vid' back in the Movies dir

5) Bob's your uncle, you can now navigate around the menus without having to switch to NTSC mode.

I hope this is of use to some of you having probs out there.

chickenbum

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2003, 03:16:00 PM »

biggrin.gif but now the cutscenes and intro movie are out of sync. sad.gif maybeill try it in ntsc mode tonight

Dunamis

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2003, 11:50:00 PM »

If you would like to know the best way to make a DVD-R backup of Enter the Matrix, go here:
http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=11&t=57176

RED ICE

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »

I used this guide to make a back up of etm to 2 dvds one for ghost, one for niobe for pal.

http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=11&t=56539

I had no problems

vism

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2003, 12:56:00 PM »

I copied ETM to my hard drive and did those two patches as mentioned.  I can play through Niobe without a hitch.  But with Ghost the game freezes after the helicopter is destroyed.  I downloaded a save to get passed that point and the rest of the game with Ghost seems to work fine.  Anybody know what could be my problem?

Bv8oZ

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2003, 10:30:00 PM »

laugh.gif

Cheers,

Bv8oZ

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2003, 10:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (Unbewoffnet @ May 19 2003, 09:25 PM)
Arright, guys, hate to do this to you.  I know that there are long filenames on the ETM DVD that don't seem to be copying well for most people, but I've just played through the whole game as Niobe (so don't give me any of that "It'll lock up after level two" crap) on a HDD backup made in the most simple of possible ways.  PxHDDLoader 1.1 copied everything over, with no problems.  I even went into the patch to see what filenames it changed, and all of the long versions of the filenames are present on my HDD.  Alls I had to do to get it to run was disable EvoX IGR.  X2 Bios IGR still works fine.  No patching done whatsoever, and the game played through.

Do me a favor and just run boXplorer and see if it shows the long filenames, too.  I'd be interested to see this.

Bearhug

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2003, 10:12:00 PM »

OK! I follow blademan's procedure, but it won't do me any good if I can't find the god damn patches....

(I'm just trying to run it off my HD instead of the original game disk)

Ok so another way around this.  What exactly are these patches doing?  I am assuming it has something to do with the missing files.  Do these patches include the missing files???  Or does it just supply a new default XBE to skip the missing files?  

Why are we unable to FTP the original to the PC, fix the media flag issue and FTP it back to say F: Drive... Does this still not include the missing files.  

Or am I just missing the whole point.

Really want to be able to run it from the HD but about to give up, any help would be greatly appreciated.

(It seems the patches are hard to find because they include .XBE within them - as in no one will post them!!!)  I am a little retarded at using MIRC, as in I can't seem to get it to download stuff properly, and I only have a dialup connection any how.

senator

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xeero @ May 25 2003, 07:08 AM)
QUOTE (Unbewoffnet @ May 19 2003, 09:25 PM)
Arright, guys, hate to do this to you.  I know that there are long filenames on the ETM DVD that don't seem to be copying well for most people, but I've just played through the whole game as Niobe (so don't give me any of that "It'll lock up after level two" crap) on a HDD backup made in the most simple of possible ways.  PxHDDLoader 1.1 copied everything over, with no problems.  I even went into the patch to see what filenames it changed, and all of the long versions of the filenames are present on my HDD.  Alls I had to do to get it to run was disable EvoX IGR.  X2 Bios IGR still works fine.  No patching done whatsoever, and the game played through.

Do me a favor and just run boXplorer and see if it shows the long filenames, too.  I'd be interested to see this.

Well if this is true dry.gif  Please explain how it is possible to have file names on the hdd from a pxhddloader dump on a fatx file system when greater than 42 characters aren't supported...
Well Mmmmm... please explain... wink.gif These files were missing for me and alot of people so what makes your version of hddloader more special than ours. ??? laugh.gif
The only way that would happen is if hddloader patched them on the fly..and it appears that it doesn't do this so what file names are you actually refering to ??? blink.gif

Streaker

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

-NTSC Xbox
-Evox 1.8.3285
-ETM Backup on HDD
-All 3 IGR's off
-Craxtion -> default.xbe

I did this and uploaded to my Xbox and I got as far as The Waterway level in The Sewers with Niobe.  When I try to load The Waterway I get a dirty disc error.  If I use the Project X fixes will my problems be solved?  If not, what do I need to do?

Also, is there a way to play ETM without turning off IGR?

Thanks.

soopahfly

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2003, 10:08:00 AM »

I have the Pal version, and I have gotten the game to load, by patching and renaming files.
I still have the problem with choppy sound and lagged FMV.
I have tried the xbox in NTSC and PAL mode using the Enigmah Video Mode Selector.

Is there anything I have missed? or is this the way it is for the time being?

soopahfly

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2003, 10:13:00 AM »

*EDIT*

The intro video is laggy with skippy sound, but it appears that the movies in the game (so far) are unaffected.

edgarski

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »

I'm using craxtion 2.1 to make an ISO for ETM..ISO is always created successfully at 93% only..

I've tried using ISOmaker2, it closes after a while ( seems done the job ) but the ISO file is not created.

ANy help would grealty appreciated.

Thanks heaps !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4