xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Backing Up A Game  (Read 149 times)

gills72

• Archived User
Backing Up A Game
« on: April 13, 2003, 06:18:00 PM »

I have everything installed properly on my X-box, but I can't find a program that will burn a game for me.  Can someone please give me some tips on backing up my Xbox games onto DVD-R's please.  I need  a program that will work.  Prassi Primo does not work with my burner and Nero only burns to CD-RW.  Someone please tell me what program works good.  Should I use XISO to change it to an ISO file and then burn it that way?  I have the files on my computer, but not in ISO format.  Any comments would be appreciated.  Please help.  Thanks

pilo18

• Archived User
Backing Up A Game
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 08:06:00 PM »

There is a great tutorial here
http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-bac...ackup-guide.php

Nero does support dvd writing
Update Nero, then start
under New Compilation scroll down to dvd.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Backing Up A Game
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 11:55:00 PM »

Recordnow Max is considered by many to be the best for doing XBOX backups as well as other applications. It is essentially Prassi Primo DVD but updated to recognise more burners. Also read the Description at the top of the DVD Forum "DON'T USE XISO". It has the most complaints of any ISO/EXTRACTION tool in existance. Download Simple X ISO for ease, reliability, and speed.  Download it from the front page of X-S. Yes you will need to convert your files to ISO before burning otherwise your XBOX won't recognise them (Hence using Simple X ISO). I hope this helps.

This post has been edited by jesterrace777: Apr 14 2003, 06:57 AM