xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Have Evo X, Want Xbmc Confused On How  (Read 94 times)

emsee t

• Archived User
Have Evo X, Want Xbmc Confused On How
« on: February 03, 2020, 07:12:00 AM »

as in title. i currently have evo x up and running fine (as far as I'm aware) but i want to run xbmc. i have installed xbmc on my xbox with the aid of auto installer deluxe 4.30 but am unable to get it to become the default program dash.

i have also installed from disk a ftp program that allows me to edit my xbox's hard drive. i though just deleting the evo x files would give some command prompt to make a new default. all that did was just ask me to resort to back up of evo x.

then i read that using a PC based ftp would be easier as you just replace evox files with xbmc. but i can not get my xbox to connect to my PC via router or cross over.

i have little to no knowledge on anything modding wise and all the steps that i have done up till now have been instructed by the net. i gained a kit to help get evo x on my xbox of another forum and instructions to get evo x where all spot on. but changing the dash was not coved and i am now unable to contact the poster that sent me the kit.

technical i am unable to connect xbox to PC so all changes have to be done in the xbox. i can burn DVD of my PC if any additional software is needed.

all i want is to have a cool dash, with some cool features and possible get an emulator or two on so i can have some retro memory's brought to life.

help  in its most basic and child like form needed please. if any more info is needed please ask and i will try my best to provide.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »

1. Read this guide on xbox networking: http://www.chefelf.c.../networking.php
2. List the contents of C drive and E drive with help of pastebins. That will help us figure out which files to replace for dash change.
3. I assume your xbox was softmodded. Let us know if otherwise.

emsee t

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 08:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Oct 4 2008, 03:56 PM) *

1. Read this guide on xbox networking: http://www.chefelf.com/xbox/networking.php
2. List the contents of C drive and E drive with help of pastebins. That will help us figure out which files to replace for dash change.
3. I assume your xbox was softmodded. Let us know if otherwise.

thanks for the reply.
just went through the network guide and everything is as asked but still the flashfxp software on my PC is unable to pick up the xbox. always get  connecting to xbox, connected to xbox and then a quick connection failed. all i can think of now is a possible cable fault, i have no cross overs but i have a spare network somewhere. i will try to find and re attempt. but hopefully in the mean time .

as far as i can tell all that has been added to the hard drive is evo x software ( read it was only 2 files) and xbmc. the console is soft modded via splinter cell Linux hack thing.

is there any information about removing evox x or even just telling xbmc to run from start up ?. i have had xbmc running but to do so i have to go through the console installed ftp and then just select the xbmc file to run it. from the options  there i could not tell it to default.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 09:14:00 AM »

Can you ping the xbox?

If you can, try running XBMC as an app and then use Flashfxp.

If none of that works then paste the lines of the FlashFXP log either side of the "connection failed" message here or on pastebins.

emsee t

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »

continued to muddle around with things with help of random google searches and for now have xbmc working as default dash with media sharing working. unsure if everything else is OK for now.

weather channel not responding, unable to test emulators as i have no PS1,n64,nes roms to test. also have no " backed up" original xbox games to test that either. but i have the media sharing working which was my original want.

question though, as I'm lazy etc and luckily for me,  the dash of xbmc has a power down option.

can i do this scenario ? say I'm playing a game ( original or copyed, movie or ROM etc) can i some how get to dash with some combination of controller presses to power down ?
ultimate laziness i know but still would be nice to be able to play in bed and get comfy and just press a few buttons to power the xbox down without getting out of my comfortable position ?

and thank you for the help ldotsfan and Heimdall . good to see a informative and helpful community here. smile.gif

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 11:26:00 AM »

in game reset is RT+LT+Back+Black

emsee t

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 11:45:00 AM »

thanks steveo1978. just came back to post a mini retraction on my question as i thought i may of not been suited to this forum dedicated to evo x.

so exited now, going to try to organize a wireless controller, a very long Ethernet cable and attempt to get some backups/Roms to test the limits of my new mini media center.