xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Stuck On Dolby Digital 5.0  (Read 54 times)

dman7

• Archived User
Stuck On Dolby Digital 5.0
« on: April 10, 2005, 03:04:00 AM »

Ok, this is a audio problem but it is also has to do with the dashboard so I wasn't sure which forum this should go in but here is my problem....

While I was watching the Terminator(first one, special edition) I was messing around with stereo setting switching back and forth from dolby digital 5.0 to mono useing the little info bar that comes up when the display is pressed on the xbox remote. Now when I hit the display button on the Xbox remote to get that info bar it is stuck on Dolby Digital 5.0 and everytime I try and to change that option from the info bar it won't let me(although I can still set it to mono from the menu of the DVD...but the info bar will still read DDS 5.0). And now it does it the same thing on all my DVD's that have the option of DDS 5.0. I can go into the dashboard and set it to stereo or mono, but when I have a DVD that has DDS 5.0 it still shows it in the little info bar. . I tried unplugging the Xbox thinking that maybe it has a cache that got glitched and hopeing it would clear out, but no luck. It's really annoying that it is reading a DDS 5.0 signal because I don't want it to being I don't have a 5.0 set up. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
-Dman

<

TestType

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 02:37:00 AM »

I don't think you fully grasp the nature of these things. Firstly, your xbox can't get stuck on 5.1 audio. What you did with your Terminator disc was merely switching between the available audio tracks on the disc. Now most discs only have a 5.1 audio track and what you're getting in the audio menu while playing a DVD is simply information about the audio track that is contained on the disc, not what audio selection your xbox is switched to.

This is really childs play we're talking about, but maybe it's so simple it managed to elude you. Funny how that happens sometimes  :) <

ravedrifter

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »

Dolby digital 5.0? Isn't 5.1.... 5.0 means you have no sub. Prolly just a mix up lol. <