xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Cheap 8 Gig Lockable Drive  (Read 159 times)

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Need Cheap 8 Gig Lockable Drive
« on: June 24, 2003, 07:20:00 AM »

You could check the buy-sell forums, for retail xbox replacement parts.  Or, this very link..

thetruethugg

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 07:36:00 AM »

Well, you can retrieve the password using other methods, but they are old (and a bitch to do)..  But, to install/format a HDD, you need your originals info, which you get from 'backup' on evox..  So, I'm not sure what you're gonna be able to do about that :/

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 09:16:00 PM »

Really, if you look in the buy-sell forums I'm sure someone will send you a stock drive that's unlocked with the original data on it  for not much cash - an 8 gig drive isn't worth much.

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 09:17:00 AM »

I'm trying to add a drive in place of another original which is bad. Same situation as you with a matrix chip. Cannot get anything to boot off dvd drive, and gives me an error 06. Tried both blank unlocked seagate drive and with it formated and locked by Slayers evox. Still error 06 and wont boot off dvd.

If your drive is really unlocked, and you've got a chip in it, it should work just like it does when you upgrade hard discs - hdprepare the hard disc in your pc,  boot into evox from cdrw or dvd, , ftp into the box, format the partitions, transfer the data for c and e, then lock the drive, and disable your chip.    If it won't boot - your chip is bad or the hard disc isn't really unlocked - error 06 is a hard disc error...

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 01:01:00 AM »

Evox will make a backup file for you and save it to the c drive -