xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X2vga+ -> Out Of Scan Range  (Read 53 times)

Northern Oak

• Archived User
X2vga+ -> Out Of Scan Range
« on: December 07, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

I've just bought the X2VGA+ adapter and I'm currently using the 17" Sony Trinitron Multiscan E230 CRT monitor.

Sadly, I was only able to load some of the games, e.g. Halo 2, Full Spectrum Warrior, Dead Or Alive Ultimate.

However, for the following games (there could be more), Burnout 3, Top Spin, DOA:XBV, they just wouldn't load, with the CRT showing "Out of Scan Range" msg or "No Input". Need for Speed Underground 2 and Crimson Skies display are pretty strange, stretching beyond the left and right edge of the screen and noticeable horizontal scanning. I tried using widescreen and normal and it appears to be the same.

These games are 480p with some being 16:9. There is no one mode that is constantly failing. I played my backups from my HDD and I'm not sure if the games are NTSC or PAL.

I'm deeply troubled by this but I must admit that for those games that I managed to load, the graphics are very sharp and clear. Too clear in some cases and exposes the visual flaws.

Could any kind soul help me out?

sheepie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »

you tried adjusting the jumpers?

Northern Oak

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 06:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (sheepie @ Dec 8 2004, 04:21 PM)
you tried adjusting the jumpers?

All DIP switches are at the off position.

I've solved the problem. I'd to go into the evox settings and change game region from "Auto" to "Default" and all is well now. I can load all my games with the X2VGA+.