xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox To Pc Monitor  (Read 109 times)

AwS16v

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc Monitor
« on: October 23, 2004, 03:31:00 AM »

sad.gif   Or at my local supplier here they sell Logic 3 console to pc adapter..this tacky little black thing..Are these any good anyone??

OPTION 2 : (my prefered method..BUT WILL IT WORK!!???) My monitor here has a standard 15 pin D-sub which my pc is connected to BUT it also has 5 BNC connectors..so if I can get hold of a HD pack and then some RCA to BNC leads>???  will this work>????? Just need reassurance on this...has anyone here connected like this before??  What sort of quality picture will I get (if any lol) compared to VGA Adapter?  I've never used BNC connection before so any help would be good.I will be able to switch between D-Sub and BNC on my on screen display...

If anyone needs any more details about my hardware just shout ok..

1 or 2 ??  ph34r.gif

pkr

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc Monitor
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 10:50:00 AM »

this is what I use.  a monster cable hi def cable into the bnc's on my monitor.  Your monitor needs to support sync on green, and you still need a  vga bios.  It looks great, very pure signal, but you will only get 480p.  with an x2vga I think you can get 1080i on some games.

actually, I don't know anything about pal xbox's mine is ntsc, and it works with this setup.

This post has been edited by pkr on Oct 23 2004, 05:51 PM

AwS16v

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc Monitor
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

thx pkr, so is your cable a single solution? Do you have the part/model number of it? I can find the Monster Gamelink 400x component cable, do you use BNC/RCA adapters with yours or something???...... also do you have a modchip with a selectable bank so you can boot VGA or switch to boot another bios??

pkr

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc Monitor
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 06:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (AwS16v @ Oct 23 2004, 11:07 PM)
thx pkr, so is your cable a single solution? Do you have the part/model number of it? I can find the Monster Gamelink 400x component cable, do you use BNC/RCA adapters with yours or something???...... also do you have a modchip with a selectable bank so you can boot VGA or switch to boot another bios??

Yes, Monster Gamelink 400x is what I have, I didn't have to make any modifications too it at all.

Yes, bnc to rca adapters

My xbox is software moded,  PBL loads the vga bios by default, If I want to play on the TV I have to hold down the a button while booting, then select a non vga bios from the list in PBL.

AwS16v

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc Monitor
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »

mad.gif   biggrin.gif   sorry about that....

pkr

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc Monitor
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (AwS16v @ Oct 25 2004, 10:45 PM)
Ok my monitor supports sync on green so i'll go with the 400x and bnc adapters.. What Bios do you use with your setup pkr?? I assume you use PiXEL8 Beta1.03, do you boot with the ComplexDebug as well?? dam is this gonna fit on bank2 of my Xecutor 2.6....

why build a console with a mobo,hd,dvd and no fucking mouse, keyboard or fucking VGA  :angry:   :D   sorry about that....

You know if I had to do it all over again, I might just go with an x2vga.  the 400x is like $40.  The x2vga is around $70 I think.    x2vga works with every game, every bios, and supports 1080i and 720p on a few games, simpler to get up and running.   It's really annoying when you want to play a game and it turns all green when used with the vga bios and I end up playing on my piece of crap TV.

The only advantage I can think of with true vga is that the signal quality is slightly more pure as there is no component to vga conversion, but can anyone really see a noticeable difference?  

Please correct me if I’m wrong on any of this, I don’t own an x2vga.

Oh ya,  I use tatx debug vga bfm bios.

Actually I can get 720p and 1080i in xbmc with my setup.  So maybe there is hope of someday getting these rez’s in games too.

also, the x2vga works with all monitors too, not just sync on green.  I so glad xbox2 will have native vga.

This post has been edited by pkr on Oct 26 2004, 06:47 PM

fogizzz

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc Monitor
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »

dry.gif  is there a similar way as mentioned in the othe replies.....i can use my Laptop as the Pc monitor for my XBOX???

is it even possible, if so how and what do i need?!?

thanks

cheers

fogizzz

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc Monitor
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

forgot to mention, its a brand new laptop with the Widescreen LCD screens, and everthing is NTSC

AwS16v

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc Monitor
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 08:48:00 AM »

hey thx pkr for your help, I think im just gonna go with the x2vga, my tv supports ntsc cause I used to run an american N64 on it, so gonna get x2vga and if I have probs I can always switch my xbox to ntsc. Will probably have to do this to get all the higher vid modes anyways..

rego

• Archived User
Xbox To Pc Monitor
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »

ok guys i have a nastsy problem with  the latest ver of the xbox. whenever i try to use a pc monitior the picture is dark and has a red/purple hue to it. i perviously have owned 3 other boxs that all worked proper on monitors, did micosoft do something to the new boxs?,is there a fix?. i have 2 other friens of mine with the same problem