xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Evox With Xecutor Bios Help  (Read 56 times)

hockeyfrk5

• Archived User
Evox With Xecutor Bios Help
« on: May 27, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »

Ok, here is the details.....

Evox Dashboard Build 3935
Xecutor BIOS 4983.06 256k
Aladdin Mod Chip

Ok, so, I installed Evox, right? So the dashboard is on there.   The main reason why I got the chip is so I can make backups and store away my other ones.  However, I accidentally flashed my chip with the Evox BIOS, which doesn't allow this.  So I frantically searched for a new BIOS that COULD, and I found the Xecutor listed above.  Please note that my chip can only hold 256k.  So I have the new Xecutor BIOS flashed on my chip, but I STILL can't play backups.  This is what I did.  I took my original copy of a game and put it in the CD tray with the Dashboard opened.  Then, I FTP'ed ALL of the files from my D: drive onto my computer.  From there, I used ISOCraxtion to make an ISO of it, and I burned it on a TDK DVD-R with Stomp Record Now Max.  And then I put it in my Xbox, and it didn't run through Evox.  I thought this was originally a Media problem, so I burnt it on a Ritek DVD-R, which is very Samsung friendly, and it still didn't work.  I also can't read my DVD movie backups, with or without the DVD plugin to my controller port.  I just put in the game/movie backup, Evox reads it, and then it says Unknown...... WHAT DID I DO WRONG?  Do I need to update something somewhere, and if so, where do I go for this?  I need your help!  Thanks.