xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Dongle - Multiregion?  (Read 131 times)

leesiulung

• Archived User
Dvd Dongle - Multiregion?
« on: August 09, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

Just wondering if my xbox is unmodded and I use different Region DVD Dongles will I be able to play all the regions I have dongles for or...

Can anyone confirm?

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »

i dont think so being as it is the ms dash that does the region check on the dvd, not the dongle. your only option is to either get a modchip or soft-mod your xbox then get an app to remove the region check from the ms dash (i got one, and it works great).

Dolfhin

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (total_ass @ Aug 9 2004, 08:49 PM)
i dont think so being as it is the ms dash that does the region check on the dvd, not the dongle. your only option is to either get a modchip or soft-mod your xbox then get an app to remove the region check from the ms dash (i got one, and it works great).

Belive me softmodding your Xbox is worth the time and money and you can still use Xbox Live :D

Buying two dongles is probably more expensive than softmodding your xbox once + one dongle

leesiulung

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 05:18:00 AM »

If I understand correctly, softmodding an xbox is to update its software w/o using a mod-chip. I know there are many ways to do this, among this the 007 and the MechAssault exploit, but what are the dangers of doing this? Is it a way to restore it to its original state i.e. for warranty? Would any1 suggest a good tutorial...

Thanks guys.