xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Hdtv Cables  (Read 2673 times)

hydraulix

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2004, 04:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (STEVEHABS @ Feb 9 2004, 03:39 PM)
composite cables arent better hercules and if u think they are for some reason what brand u using.

component not better than composite?

pass me whatever your smoking, cause its gotta be some good shit. a few things come to mind.

chromas/lumens seperation
dot crawl elimination
edge sharpening
discreet color seperation
bleh bleh etc etc

the only thing better than running component would be to run a straight DVI cable. ANYTHING is better than running composite, and I mean ANYTHING.

hydraulix

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2004, 04:31:00 AM »

blah nm,

it seems im reading backwards this morning, just disregard that last post hahaha until i wipe the crust from my eyes.

ChrisF

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2004, 04:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (hydraulix @ Feb 16 2004, 02:31 PM)
blah nm,

it seems im reading backwards this morning, just disregard that last post hahaha until i wipe the crust from my eyes.

Actually, if you were commenting on Hercules' post from up top your post would have been fine.  He was the one who is confusing component and composite cables.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »

composite < svideo < component < DVI/Firewire

STEVEHABS

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2004, 07:20:00 PM »

yeah well the xbox doesnt have a dvi connector cable for sale.

WeaponY

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »

laugh.gif For all of you who might not know or are maybe wanting to know Monster Cable is as many before have said a scam. I work for a major consumer electronics store, we sell Monster Cable as well as a few of it's lesser known competitors. You will not get any improved video or audio transfer with there cables. Reason being their cables still use a copper core which is what all 'higher end cables' use. They do use gold which is a better conductor then copper but it's only gold PLATED. To get the picture transfer Monster advertises you MUST you 24K solid gold cables through and through. If you want to send $350 dollars on a 3ft cable by all means. As for fibre optics Digital Audio connect plastic is plastic a $20 dollar optic cable is the EXACT same as a $70 one, aside from the bill.

Weapon Y fact:

Sell a 27" Flat Screen TV                                 ($499.99) [Commision=$25)
Sell 1 - 6 foot Monster HDTV Component Cable ($199.95) [Commision=$40)

The Question Isn't Why We Push The Cables, It's Why Do You Buy Them??? jester.gif

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (WeaponY @ Feb 19 2004, 12:16 PM)
laugh.gif For all of you who might not know or are maybe wanting to know Monster Cable is as many before have said a scam. I work for a major consumer electronics store, we sell Monster Cable as well as a few of it's lesser known competitors. You will not get any improved video or audio transfer with there cables. Reason being their cables still use a copper core which is what all 'higher end cables' use. They do use gold which is a better conductor then copper but it's only gold PLATED. To get the picture transfer Monster advertises you MUST you 24K solid gold cables through and through. If you want to send $350 dollars on a 3ft cable by all means. As for fibre optics Digital Audio connect plastic is plastic a $20 dollar optic cable is the EXACT same as a $70 one, aside from the bill.

Weapon Y fact:

Sell a 27" Flat Screen TV                                 ($499.99) [Commision=$25)
Sell 1 - 6 foot Monster HDTV Component Cable ($199.95) [Commision=$40)

The Question Isn't Why We Push The Cables, It's Why Do You Buy Them??? jester.gif

Yes that's all true and great regarding "normal" cables meaning svideo cables, component cables, and the like. But if you read the entire thread or even parts of it you'll know that the xbox is a unique beast. It has a prorietary adaptor that only a few select have chosen to make. If your store sells another high def component video adaptor for the xbox that outperforms the monster at a price range of $40, please let me know as I have not yet found any.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (STEVEHABS @ Feb 17 2004, 09:20 PM)
yeah well the xbox doesnt have a dvi connector cable for sale.

huh.gif I never said the xbox sold dvi adaptors... Just merely correcting your confusion regarding composite/component video quality

WeaponY

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »

Regarding that adaptor the best I've seen is the one I've seen is the one put out by M$. At our store that adaptor is cheaper than the Monster Cable. What my point I was trying to get across was with that High Def. AV Adaptor you could use pinner RCA's and it would give you close to if not the same result as the $$ Monster. I realize that you still do need proprietary cable with the unique head on it but after that a cable is a cable is a cable. Sorry if I wasn't being clear on my point.

WeaponY

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2004, 07:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (WeaponY @ Feb 19 2004, 11:01 PM)
Regarding that adaptor the best I've seen is the one I've seen is the one put out by M$. At our store that adaptor is cheaper than the Monster Cable. What my point I was trying to get across was with that High Def. AV Adaptor you could use pinner RCA's and it would give you close to if not the same result as the $$ Monster. I realize that you still do need proprietary cable with the unique head on it but after that a cable is a cable is a cable. Sorry if I wasn't being clear on my point.

WeaponY

Even with the lower cost of the MS HD pack, buying aftermarket cables to try to produce the same results as the monster HD pack will most likely cost more (minus the additional $30 for the monster iptical adapter/toslink)

Prices from gamestop:
Total complete Monster package with the optical toslink adaptor is $70.
MS HD pack $20, optical cable $15-20 on avg, aftermarket component cables $15 to $300...  laugh.gif

I know the point that you are trying to make regarding normal cables. And I agree with you there 100%. But like I said, the xbox is a differnt beast. If the xbox came with direct component out video plugs in the back of it, I probably wouldn't be using monster for my setup either.

-FourDoor-

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2004, 07:38:00 AM »

dry.gif  Try looking at gamestops used xbox accessories section. Who knows, you might get lucky and find just the adaptor for like $5. But overall, I'm happy with the final purchase. Digital is digital but the super thick optical cable that the 100x comes with gives you a perceived perception that you're getting a better quality digital signal.

STEVEHABS

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

ms hd pack goes through some kinda box doesnt it which would make the signal not as good as cables going straight from the xbox to the tv.

XaRaNn

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2004, 03:34:00 AM »

ok im still not sure what im supposed to get, everything is very cloudy in the product descriptions of the Monster 400x video cable and 100x lightwave digital audio cable

im churning out alot of money to get the best i wanna be sure im gonna have everything

if i want component video + digital(optical) audio, all i need is the 400x and the 100x, or do i need another optical audio cable(is the 100x jus an adapter to use optical instead of RCA audio, or is it the cable itself??

STEVEHABS

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2004, 05:27:00 AM »

deerrr we said the damn hole was where the wires split  for optical audio  so the 100x is the cable.

XaRaNn

• Archived User
Hdtv Cables
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »

ok whats setting me off is that thing they say in the description of the
Monster XBox GameLink 100 Fiber Optic

Monster’s Fiber Optic Cable, Lightwave 100 X (Sold Separately), completes upgrade to Dolby Digital Surrond Sound.

that makes me thign that thing

could any1 who bought and used these please reply? damn guys i really need your help on this one
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9