xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Xbox 2 Or PS3  (Read 2590 times)

junior bacon

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »

why are people on here saying sony is ripping people off by buying a ps2? ps2 has higher sales figures than xbox and gamecube together.....ppl are buying ps2's more than any other consoles so why would sony drop the price?  blame the consumers if u think ps2 is a rip off lol....besides its MS's fault lol sony did already dropped thier price couple times and MS is quick to follow..wen ps2 became 150, MS copied n dropped thier console price too..so maybe its the other way around and xbox is really worth more than 150 and  which explains the fact that micrsoft loses money off each console sale...it was thier only way to keep the competing in the market neways.

but having said all that i both have ps2 and xbox....obviously xbox is technically superior, ps2 is much older than xbox though....from rumors ive read PS3 is gona be faster overall all the new technology is still being tested which is why the ps3 is rumored to be released much later than nintondo's or MS systems....

im gona lean towards the ps3 though...im 75 percent sure that sony will once again be the dominant one in the next console wars like they were with the ps2 and ps1 ..theyre in a roll in the video game industry

im in no way a playstation fanatic...as of right now im playing my xbox more than ps2...ps2 is getting old now and ill prolly be playing xbox more and more until the next batch of consoles arrive

trentdadi

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »

xbox eats ps2's and shits out gamecubes!

lol

MS buys out Nintendo and creates a new system called Xtendo

Ridley

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »

xbox2

t_skraggs

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (MaTiAz @ Aug 4 2004, 01:20 PM)
Xbox has been treating me sooooo good that I wont let it go.

Heck, ya!  Once the XBox2 comes out and the XBox prices drop, I'm going to buy a few more XBox consoles and mod them, then just leave em in the boxes 'til my current XBox craps out.  That way, I will have the XBox available to me for years and years to come.  There are a few games that should not be forgotten.

Shoot... I wish I still had my original Atari 2600.  It crapped out and I got rid of all my games.  Now, had I stored a few consoles in the closet, I may still be playing some of those older games.

t_skraggs

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »

Sure the PS2 is sold at the same price as the Xbox even if it came out before the XBox but honestly... who the hell would be stupid enough to lower their price when they sell more than their competition?

Exactly.  Why sell the PS2 for $100 when it still sells for $150?  Have you ever found an eBay seller that emailed you after you won an auction and said "I know you bid $20 for this, but I'm perfectly happy taking $15 simply because I joined eBay a year earlier than some of the other sellers here."

Oh, please!

Saying that backward compability is useless is verrrry thoughtless.

That's right.  I have an XBox and the g/f has the PS2.  She has bought several PS1 games off eBay because she can play them.  If her PS2 wasn't able to play PS1 games, there's no way she'd ever have bought them.  There's certainly no way she'd every buy a PS1 console to play them.

Now, backward compatibility may be useless to those that already have the previous system... until that older system breaks.  Personally, if I bought an XBox 2 and could mod it and play my games off an internal HDD and it played XBox 1 games just fine, then I'd be inclined to pack up the XBox 1 to reduce the clutter under the TV.  No need for an extra console under there if its presence isn't absolutely necessary.

XBox
Pros: Strongest console, hd, modem, Halo (even if i hate it), KOTR, Most pc games
Cons: Huge and heavy, easily moddable (face it, it's not right), Bill Gates made it, MS gets money from us.

Well, you finally said something I don't agree with.  I like the weight of the XBox.   It's unavoidable with a HDD and DVD drive in it.  Also, it doesn't move.  I can't count the number of times I have tripped over the controller cable to have it break away without the XBox moving.  You couldn't say that about the Gamecube.  Even with a breakaway cable, the GC would still move.

Is it really that unbearable?  Can you really not lift 8.5 lbs?  My bowling balls weigh 16 lbs, and I pick them up and throw them 20 mph more than 130 times a week.  How many times do you pick up your XBox?  How many times do you throw it?  It's 8.5 lbs of mass shouldn't bother anyone but sissy boys.

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

laugh.gif

t_skraggs

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (hardcoregamer @ Sep 9 2004, 04:22 AM)
If PS3 will still play games from PS2 and PS1 i will buy it, if M$ wont make backwards compatable then I will not be buying one of them. You are a fool if you have any money invested in XBOX and the next one will not play those games and you purchase it anyway. Nintendo got their balls in a bind when they pulled that crap with super nes. As for the PS2 VS XBOX it depends on the game as to which is better. I have yet to find a driving game as good as grand turismo, and the PS2 controller smokes the XBOX controller. Rallisport 2 is a good XBOX game with killer graphics and is lots of fun, i do find myself playing the XBOX more than the PS2 but i think that has more to do with the fact that even though both systems are modded i can store the games on the HDD of the XBOX and i have to do a bunch of disk swapping with the PS2.

Now, which is it?  Is someone a fool for thinking about buying the XBox 2 if it won't play XBox games or not?  You say that, then you say the PS3/XBox 2 war will be settled by the games.  So, which is it.. do you value backward compatibility, or games?

ninjax

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2004, 02:01:00 AM »

If PS3 will still play games from PS2 and PS1 i will buy it, if M$ wont make backwards compatable then I will not be buying one of them. You are a fool if you have any money invested in XBOX and the next one will not play those games and you purchase it anyway. Nintendo got their balls in a bind when they pulled that crap with super nes. As for the PS2 VS XBOX it depends on the game as to which is better. I have yet to find a driving game as good as grand turismo, and the PS2 controller smokes the XBOX controller. Rallisport 2 is a good XBOX game with killer graphics and is lots of fun, i do find myself playing the XBOX more than the PS2 but i think that has more to do with the fact that even though both systems are modded i can store the games on the HDD of the XBOX and i have to do a bunch of disk swapping with the PS2.

Dude,
You are a fucking moron.  Just from reading this post I can tell you are 15 years old.  Stay in school, and stop doing drugs.  If your not 15, PLEASE stop doing drugs.

Jagosix

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2004, 06:08:00 AM »

smile.gif.

RocafellaSqualie

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2004, 07:25:00 PM »

Even though this is an Xbox/Xbox2 or whatever forum, I'm still voting for the PS3 because of the fun I have with PS2. More games that are my type are on PS2 but some addicting games are also on Xbox (Halo & Project Gotham 2 for example. That's the reason I bought an Xbox)

pyro4444

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »

xbox 2 of course ill get one the min. they hit the shelf.

Kirtaner

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2004, 03:59:00 PM »

Both.

..[[ModBoxMaster]]..

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »

laugh.gif

JoJoFunyans

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

This is my experiences with PS2 and XBOX:

I got my first PS2, No problems it was working great until one day you get this great error saying "DISK READ ERROR".  So I send it in and I get it back and the DVD Drive wont open all the way,  So I get that thing fixed.  So PS2 is working fine and then "DISK READ ERROR".  I trash the stupid thing!!

I get my second PS2, Everything going fine until AGAIN "DISK READ ERROR".

That was the end of PS2 all together.  And Any PS system to come out wont be getting any money from me!

My Xbox,  I take it apart, put in modchip, put in new hard drive, Do many things to it and still no "DISK READ ERROR"  MS and the XBOX is the way to go!!

XBOX 2!!!!

t_skraggs

• Archived User
Xbox 2 Or PS3
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (tennis_teen @ Sep 22 2004, 04:47 AM)
xbox 2!

easiest desicion i'll ever have to make!

... also the stupidest.

I assume you are still in school because your nick says TENNIS TEEN.  Well, start paying attention when you are at school.  Shoot, pay attention to life whenever you aren't on drugs.  Any decision that is made a year before it needs to be made and without ANY facts, evidence, etc. is a stupid one.  For all we know the XBox 2 will tank after 2 games are set to release.  For all we know the XBox 2 will be bugged beyond Egypt of Exodus 10.  For all we know BioWare and Bungie will have a problem with MS and will turn to Sony for the better games.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6