xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Upgrade To The Latest Ms Dash Properly?  (Read 1622 times)

flashfreak

• Archived User
How Do I Upgrade To The Latest Ms Dash Properly?
« on: March 22, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »

Hi,

I have an old version of the m$ dash and i want the new one. It works fine normally when i load the old version, but when i get a game to update it, it goes all wierd, resets and gives me error 21.

Now I'm sure theres some way im supposed to do this properly, like unplugging the lan when i update, but i dunno. Can some1 give me some tips? I plan to boot the retail kernal (bios) from my xenium ice and have the latest ms dash.

Thanks all. <

prozack.uk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 05:13:00 AM »

actually i have to same problem :( also if im in Evolution x i cant go to ms dash there to change tv settings and stuff.

does anyone have any ideas plz?

prozack <

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »

you could just install UIX... :D <

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 01:59:00 AM »

i wanted the xbox live option for when my chip is off <

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 05:04:00 AM »

Well what I'd do is get a really new xbox live game hire one if you don't have it and run the dashupdate.xbe from the DVD through somthing like the UnleashX filemanager or boxplorer works for me <

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »

usually when i do that, it kills it. i just get error 21 when the chip is on and off. i thought there was suttin where you have to unplug the network cable or suttin. I dunno i heard it somewhere <

vplayer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 06:15:00 PM »

Hi,

Try halo2. That has worked for a lot of people.

hth
 <

KyesaRRi

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »

Ok peeps

If your geting an error when updating the original m$ dashboard then the problem may be that your xboxdash.xbe doesent exist anymore...

The easiest way to get this to work is to just make a new notepad document, name it xboxdash.xbe and then ftp it to your root of c:\

OR just make a copy of your evoxdash.xbe and rename the copy to xboxdash.xbe and put this on the root of c:\

Then run a dashupdate.xbe and it will recognise it an older version of the m$ dashboard and update it.

If you dont have a xboxdash.xbe then you will get an error 21 i think.

And this method will NOT work if you are using the iND-BiOS because it doesent allow the dashupdate.xbe. Im running version 5003.06 - beta and whenever i run the dashupdate.xbe it gives me the ind-bios custom error screen.

Hope this helps some people <