xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ms Dashboard Probs!  (Read 1218 times)

Zero_znc

• Archived User
Ms Dashboard Probs!
« on: March 16, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »

I have recently modded my version 1.5 xbox using a Xenium ICE modchip.

All went fine until i found out that the Original XBOX dashboard will not boot on my new HDD. In fact, I have tried numerous copies of the dashboard on various Hard disks.  After Hours of testing i have found that the only way to get the original MS Dash to boot is to boot it off the original xbox hdd.... or any original xbox hdd.  I have also made DVD's to boot the ms dash from disk and still no go. Yet the disk works fine on other xboxs

I have even tried a different modchip (although it was also a xenium ice) and still it wont boot the ms dash. Avalaunch and every other app or dash that i have tried has worked fine both off HDD and DVD.... ALL BUT THE MS DASH!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but to my understanding an unmodded xbox will boot fine with a larger hdd (provided that it has the xboxdash installed as an original xbox would be) and the xbox can be run fine with no mod but using a larger HDD.  I have even tried this and the xboxdash will not boot off the larger HDD.

I really need access to the MS dash.

My conclusion is that a version 1.5 xbox will not boot to the MS dash using a non standard HDD wether it has a mod chip or not.

Is this right I have heard of no such problems with v1.5 xboxs.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! <

jesistehsux

• Archived User
Ms Dashboard Probs!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 01:14:00 AM »

You might want to format and re-partition the drive.

This is a solid indicator that your drive is not setup properly. <