xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Restoring Ms Dash  (Read 1594 times)

everardo

• Archived User
Restoring Ms Dash
« on: January 10, 2005, 05:51:00 AM »

I've been through some terrible ordeals with my xbox this week. It's a softmodded xbox that was running UnleashX. I messed something up, and was getting error 13s and couldn't boot into the hard drive, but I could load games. Then, I left it unplugged for too long, and got error 16 messages. I had no way to access the HD to obtain the password information, so I hotswapped to get into Xboxhdm. I screwed up again when I chose the Rebuild C partition option, without having a backup of MS Dash on the CD. I've looked in the "usual places" but cannot find the MS Dash so that I can rebuild my C partition. I've heard that Slayers can do it, but the problem with this is that A. the Slayers CDs are in XDFS format, so I couldn't get them in Xboxhdm, B. I don't have a modchip so I couldn't boot off it and C. I have the Clock 16 Error, so I can't boot off anything anyway. I can do absolutely nothing with the Xbox, and Rebuilding the C Partition in Xboxhdm is my only hope. Is there a way to retrieve these files, given all the problems listed above?

Sigwood

• Archived User
Restoring Ms Dash
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 08:07:00 AM »

If you get one of slayer's cd's, is there a way to extract the files to your PC, because then you could take just the M$ dash files and use them with xboxhdm.

Just a suggestion, I am not very experienced with restoring from a messed up softmod.

everardo

• Archived User
Restoring Ms Dash
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 09:34:00 AM »

A, good idea. I got the files I need. Now, whether I can get this thing to work again is another story, I guess we'll see what happens.

Sigwood

• Archived User
Restoring Ms Dash
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

everardo

• Archived User
Restoring Ms Dash
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »

Thanks. Do you think restoring a totally fresh C drive will fix the error 16 problem?

Sigwood

• Archived User
Restoring Ms Dash
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »

I'm not 100% sure what Error 16 is, as it pertains to the clock, but I think if you are able to set the clock from the M$ dash that might help?  I am just guessing though...

xXGotAleXx

• Archived User
Restoring Ms Dash
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2005, 01:37:00 AM »

hey can anyone tell me where to get the slayer disk or program???

Boogyman

• Archived User
Restoring Ms Dash
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »

I am also trying to restore my Ms Dash, but for the point of removing Xbox Live updates. I dont know where the save file information is so could someone help me out and tell me were it is?

xXGotAleXx

• Archived User
Restoring Ms Dash
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »

yea my dashboard is gon to i really need that slayers disc so can anyone help both of us??????

heatshadow

• Archived User
Restoring Ms Dash
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

I have the same problem, to get slayers you need bit torrent download it at thisTHIS SITE . then download mirc and flash fxp and get to xbins and download the link, then using bit torrent download the file.

xXGotAleXx

• Archived User
Restoring Ms Dash
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »

But How Do U Flash FXP it without a dashboard?
 and anyways i need to know where to get the slayers disc, and how to use it???

This post has been edited by xXGotAleXx: Apr 6 2005, 12:05 AM