xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trying To Access My Games Save Inside Of Msdash  (Read 1523 times)

okayama

• Archived User
Trying To Access My Games Save Inside Of Msdash
« on: November 19, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

My xbox with a modchip will not allow me to access my games saves on my hard drive or memory card. I'm in the MS dash and I choose memory, which then gives me the option to look at my game saves on the hard drive or memory card. When ever I select either one, it crashes my xbox. The screen just freezes. I'm able to use those saves once I play a game, and make new saves inside of other games. It just won't let me look at the saves in MS Dash. I can however look at and play audio tracks that are saved on the hard drive inside the MS dash. I can delete, rename, add, and play those tracks. I'm just having trouble going to the game save section in the MS dash.

Anyone one have any ideas at to why or how to fix this.

mrxistnce

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »

I have the same problem.  Modded my Xbox with Xecuter 2.3b lite +, running XBMC as my primary dash, but have Avalaunch and EvoX kicking around as well.  Upgraded to a 120MB HDD.  I can rip games to the HDD, play them with abandon, save games no problem, etc...

However, if I boot the msdash (either directly or via avalaunch, but always with the mod chip on) it will start up no problem.  I can change settings like time/date/video/etc... I can enter the memory sub-screen, but as soon as I try to examine to contents of my HDD or a memory card, the XBox dies with an error 21.

I've searched quite this site quite thoroughly for a week ("21" is less than 4 chars., how does everyone refer to the Xbox dash? xboxdash, m$dash, msdash? etc...) but to no avail.  This is the first time I managed to stumble upon someone with the same problem.

Any suggestions?

vxdestinxv

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »

I am having the same prob i can get into the memory sub menu but when i try an see what i have there my box resets i can still save games an load game saves but cant veiw them from my m$ dash i am not too worried about this but would like to know how i can fix it if anyone knows Thanks